The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (55shaker, moparguy), 72 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,128
Posts1,056,684
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 37
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 37
My 41 chevy 1/2 ton. It had a home brew wiring harness from the P/O along with an updated 350 sb, 700r4 trannie, with tilt steering. ..It didn't have a fuse block. Now that I have it all a part I want to use a modern GM wiring harness that will plug into the steer column, the HEI ignition, lights etc. Can anyone suggest a company that would carry a harness/fuse block with the correct GM pig tails? I'll need ten or twelve circuts, and price is a concern.

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,703
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,703
there are several out there Dave, I personally went with Ron Francis because it was already purchased and in the tool box from my uncle, but there are a few makers that are a lot less expensive.
Juat a note on Ron Francis wiring it is the cats arse as far as a great fuse block,wiring and customer service..
Its all up to you on whom you select.
Tim


1952 Chevy Shortbed

Photos in Photobucket

If It Aint Broke Fix It Till It Is!
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Dave, I went with http://www.ezwiring.com/. They do a loom that should cover all the bases. I've not installed mine yet but it looks a total 'no brainer!' The wires are labelled every 5".
I hope this helps. They're also cheaper than Ron Francis as I see cost is a concern.
Jock.


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 553
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 553
I got the EZWire kit as well. That's the easiest way to go. Everything you need is all there.

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 230
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 230
try these guy's there pretty good !http://www.painlessperformance.com/

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 257
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 257
I bought an EZ Wiring 12-circuit kit for my '50 and have it about 85% installed right now. I'm in the midst of troubleshooting a few circuits (see new post). The kit was pretty straight forward but be ready to do some thinking. The directions aren't great but what do you expect for a "universal" kit. There are extra circuits that I won't use and some circuits missing that I need, so there is some swapping going on right now to get everything sorted out. I drew up my own wiring diagram to figure out where everything needs to go.

Hope this helps.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 "One Step Forward, Two Steps Back"
Webshot Photos

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
I picked up a Painless wiring kit on E Bay for a good price. Install was OK and they have great Tech Support if you need it.


1940 Chevy KC 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0