The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (lumbersawyer, 78buckshot), 167 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,474
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#447557 08/31/2008 4:05 PM
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 15
P
Apprentice
Apprentice
P Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 15
I really miss my truck, She down at the garage being saftied.

good news is she only needed rear brake shoes and wheel cylinders on all four brakes, not to bad for a 39 year old.

And the fact she'd been sitting still for 3 years.

I keep driving by to she if she ready but there she is stuck in a compound with other trucks and cars, She's the oldest one in there.

well hope she be done on tuesday!


You got to burn it! To earn it!

1969 GMC 930 1-Ton Flatbed
PUSHNTIN #447590 08/31/2008 6:03 PM
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
i waited 2 years to get mine back, had it 1 1/2 months and now it is back in. good luck. i am trying to resist the temptation to go by and see if he is working on it, he was yesterday but that is unusual and he might have been working on one of the others in the shop. frown Ron


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
WE b OLD #447923 09/01/2008 7:23 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 707
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 707
Something wrong with those people, they don't get on your truck right away. But if they do good work, you have to indulge them, I suppose.

Fine looking truck, that '69, new guy. Is it rusty? One hears that old things rust badly in that Ontario.


1951 3800

Be the change you want to see.
-hotshoe
hotshoe36 #447950 09/01/2008 8:29 PM
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 15
P
Apprentice
Apprentice
P Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 15
Actually for being a Ontario truck.. It's not rusty at all previous owners have really taken good care to oil spray the frame and flat deck the cab has had a once over(quick) with new paint probably 10 yrs ago, after I got the truck home when i bought it i ripped out the rubber mat to have a good look at the floor, two minor repairs done and not to many more showing now

I am very pleased with the trucks condition.

Thanks for the compliment hotshoe36...


You got to burn it! To earn it!

1969 GMC 930 1-Ton Flatbed
PUSHNTIN #448141 09/02/2008 6:42 AM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,703
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,703
Well to just GRIND YOUR GEARS ..Pushin, me an the wife put a little over 300 miles on our 52 this weekend just cruisin an relaxin.
I am just kiddin ya know ...I hope ya get yours back an on the road in a short time.
Tim


1952 Chevy Shortbed

Photos in Photobucket

If It Aint Broke Fix It Till It Is!
SW_Radial #450392 09/09/2008 2:33 AM
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 15
P
Apprentice
Apprentice
P Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 15
Ah finally..

I went down paid the bill for the certification on the old girl
$973.00 not bad I guess. I will go to the MTO and get the sticker for the plates another $100 and bring her home tomorrow. Then LET THE GAMES BEGIN...........


You got to burn it! To earn it!

1969 GMC 930 1-Ton Flatbed
PUSHNTIN #450486 09/09/2008 1:27 PM
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
got back from kc reunion and thought mine would be done, no going to take the radiator out today, did work on the carb. not sure what is wrong with him. get one thing done and move on. :mad: wouldn't know where to take it if i pulled it out and the way they price things (estimate) what it would cost me. then the bodyman wants it to finish up and he is as bad as the mechanic or worse. eek ron


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0