The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (Hotrod Lincoln, greenie-reddy, 1955 1 Series, Otto Skorzeny, Phak1, Guitplayer, Perro, 1 invisible), 166 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,228
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 149
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 149
Has anyone ever placed a good grade of industrial or residental carpet in the floor board. I remove some carpet from and old 80's chevy truck just to see what it would look like, looks good and it does not appear to be molded. it looked to me it was flat. execpt the custom holes for the dimmer. any ideas what kind that would be reasonalbe. i want it to look good, not a show vechicle


1953 Chevy 3/4-Ton Stakebed
In the Stovebolt Gallery
[url=http://fiftythree-chevy-flatbed.tripod.com/
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
oreillys has a carpet for replacement 36x72 in 4-5 colors $10.99. ron


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,026
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,026
Originally Posted by WE b OLD
oreillys has a carpet for replacement 36x72 in 4-5 colors $10.99. ron
That's where I bought mine.


Robert C.
If it's true what they say, "You learn from your mistakes,"
I'm a Genius in the making.

1950 3600
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 149
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 149
thanks, i handnt thought about that , will check tommorrow


1953 Chevy 3/4-Ton Stakebed
In the Stovebolt Gallery
[url=http://fiftythree-chevy-flatbed.tripod.com/
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
thanks mobilertho, i wondered what it would look like. yours looks great. i am afraid when i get ready to do mine it won't look so good i have a lot of things to work around. ron


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,026
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,026
Thanks. I'm probablly going to use it on my door panels and headliner too.


Robert C.
If it's true what they say, "You learn from your mistakes,"
I'm a Genius in the making.

1950 3600
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
do you think it will be flexible enough? i have yet to do mine yet and i am thinking of using roddoors panels. ron


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,026
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,026
Roddoors is my second option, but I believe I can mak my own for a whole lot less. I saw a instructions here on this site on making your own door panels and thought I'd give it a shot.


Robert C.
If it's true what they say, "You learn from your mistakes,"
I'm a Genius in the making.

1950 3600
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 149
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 149
i got the carpet today, havent installed it yet, it will be flexible enough. it would have to be glued i think using that 3m spray.


1953 Chevy 3/4-Ton Stakebed
In the Stovebolt Gallery
[url=http://fiftythree-chevy-flatbed.tripod.com/
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 120
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 120
When I got Ol Yeller the first thing I did was get a professional bid for carpet. Nice guy and his work is well known here in these parts. Problem was he said I would not be able to remove it to do any addition work as he glues it (for good) to the floor. And he wanted over $400.00 for it. Not ready for that in our truck. I decided to wait and ran into the local carpet store and found an indoor/outdoor carpet in a color I liked. It was special order but it was reasonable about three times as much product that I would need but only $90.00. I could cut a couple of test runs and see how to continue. A year later I got off my butt and made my first cuts. I wasn't impressed and neither was the wife. (It's her truck.) I kept hacking away until I had enough scraps to make a pattern. Laid it out on the remaining piece, made the fatefull cut and stuck it in. It's not totally correct but it is a heck of a lot better than seeing the metal floor. BTW I used a two sided tape that is like a putty to hold down the edges and the bumps where it didn't fit too well. This tape says it's permanent but I did a test removal (so I wouldn't create more work) and in the Vegas heat it came off clean. I will post a picture in a day or two.


Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0