The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Shaffer's1950, Bill Hanlon, Jon G), 125 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,139
Posts1,056,454
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#415978 05/23/2008 2:39 PM
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 49
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 49
I have just purchased this truck. The previous owner said "It needs a new master cylinder". What he actually meant was "I rebuilt the master cylinder and then stripped out the brake line fitting at the banjo." I need that fitting. I have looked in all the usual places and cannot find the fitting. Does anyone know of a supplier? Is there some kind of workaround that I can put together from the local auto parts store? I will eventually change to a dual master cylinder and redo all the lines and brakes, but right now I would like to get it patched up so I can at least move it around in the shop. Thanks, Hugh.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 863
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 863
Check out our Flaps Brass fitting selection....


My GMC has a bad case of ship fitters disease!
GMC: Get More Cash...
1958 GMC
1956 Chevy 1500 Hydraulic Dump Truck
1952 Chevy 1700 3-Ton Firetruck

My Webshots photos
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
yes, those parts are non existant, don't come with a new MC either ... some time back I took the banjo to NAPA and went thru all their stuff and faked something that worked, but failing that you'll need to find good used, a post in the parts wanted here might turn something up

and welcome to the garage Hugh, always nice to see another TF series [pictures, we love pictures!] - there's some folks here who may have what you need, and always lots of good info

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0