| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,402 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2003 Posts: 1,271 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2003 Posts: 1,271 | My truck is still at the painter's (it's been a whole year now!) but it looks like it'll be done next month - thank God! Problem: The rear bumper I had is NG, so I need to get a new one somewhere. It was a mid-70's step bumper -- see here: http://alanhorvath.com/54chevy/bedroll_lights.phpI'd like to get the same bumper as I had or something close to it. Can anyone point me in a direction as to where I might find one like this? THANKS.
~~ Alan Horvath 1954 Chevy PickupSinging his praises in thePassing Lane | | | | | Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 3,458 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 3,458 | That looks a lot like the step bumper I had on a '91 Ford Ranger, and I do mean a lot. However, mine didn't have the diamond plate on the top that I think I see on yours, and it might have been narrower.
Paint & Body Shop moderator A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. | | | | | Joined: May 2003 Posts: 1,271 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2003 Posts: 1,271 | Thanks, 4ontheFloor. I found this - it has the diamond plate, too: http://tinyurl.com/4cxebvBut I think it looks like it's deeper than the one I have (like it's wider top-to-bottom; goes down closer to the road) and may get in the way of my tailpipes? I'll get it right yet!
~~ Alan Horvath 1954 Chevy PickupSinging his praises in thePassing Lane | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 388 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 388 | Hey Alan, Good to hear about your truck! I have seen a bumper like that w/the diamond plate on the back of Toyota trucks (mainly 4x4s). They are more narrow and not as thick,so your pipes wont be bouncing to the beat of the drummer boy. Good luck! | | | | | Joined: May 2003 Posts: 1,271 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2003 Posts: 1,271 | Thanks, bowtiesr4me
I'll do some research on the Toyota 4x4 bumpers and see what comes up.
~~ Alan Horvath 1954 Chevy PickupSinging his praises in thePassing Lane | | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 677 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 677 | Alan, I went with a 91 S10 Bumper on my 51 and it looks pretty good, Here's the mock up bumper I used I like the way it fits the truck now Im going to order a new chrome one and install it Hope this helps Todd Some people are like Slinkies, Their not really good for nothing... But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs. 1951 3100 350 TBI Gallery Toddzilla... "$old" | | | | | Joined: May 2003 Posts: 1,271 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2003 Posts: 1,271 | That bumper looks like it would do just fine -- I'll look into it.
Thanks, Todd!
~~ Alan Horvath 1954 Chevy PickupSinging his praises in thePassing Lane | | |
| |
| |