The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Dennys28, Steelonsteel, Opelika Tom, Guitplayer, Ponchogl), 120 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,401
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
My truck is still at the painter's (it's been a whole year now!) but it looks like it'll be done next month - thank God!

Problem: The rear bumper I had is NG, so I need to get a new one somewhere. It was a mid-70's step bumper -- see here:
http://alanhorvath.com/54chevy/bedroll_lights.php

I'd like to get the same bumper as I had or something close to it.

Can anyone point me in a direction as to where I might find one like this?

THANKS.


~~ Alan Horvath
1954 Chevy Pickup
Singing his praises in the
Passing Lane
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
4
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
4 Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
That looks a lot like the step bumper I had on a '91 Ford Ranger, and I do mean a lot. However, mine didn't have the diamond plate on the top that I think I see on yours, and it might have been narrower.


Paint & Body Shop moderator
A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
Thanks, 4ontheFloor.

I found this - it has the diamond plate, too:
http://tinyurl.com/4cxebv

But I think it looks like it's deeper than the one I have (like it's wider top-to-bottom; goes down closer to the road) and may get in the way of my tailpipes?

I'll get it right yet!


~~ Alan Horvath
1954 Chevy Pickup
Singing his praises in the
Passing Lane
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 388
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 388
Hey Alan,
Good to hear about your truck!
I have seen a bumper like that w/the diamond plate
on the back of Toyota trucks (mainly 4x4s). They are more narrow
and not as thick,so your pipes wont be bouncing to the
beat of the drummer boy.
Good luck!

Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
Thanks, bowtiesr4me

I'll do some research on the Toyota 4x4 bumpers and see what comes up.


~~ Alan Horvath
1954 Chevy Pickup
Singing his praises in the
Passing Lane
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 677
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 677
Alan, I went with a 91 S10 Bumper on my 51 and it looks pretty good, Here's the mock up bumper I used I like the way it fits the truck now Im going to order a new chrome one and install it
Hope this helps
Todd


Some people are like Slinkies, Their not really good for nothing... But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

1951 3100 350 TBI Gallery Toddzilla... "$old"


Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
That bumper looks like it would do just fine -- I'll look into it.

Thanks, Todd!


~~ Alan Horvath
1954 Chevy Pickup
Singing his praises in the
Passing Lane

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0