| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (rfs56trk, 46 Texaco, Gray_Ghost, moparguy, cmayna, Hawkman, Wally / Montana),
105
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,128 Posts1,056,687 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 156 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 156 | My first attempt at bleeding the brakes was not so successful, so I get to redo that. In doing so, I want to replace the brake line that runs along (parallel to) the rear axle.
There is a "junction block" that feeds this brake line. It accepts fittings that go on a 3/16" line (they take a 3/8" wrench), but the wheel cylinders accept larger fittings, ones which fit on a 1/4" brake line (they take a 7/16" wrench). Therefore, it is necessary to have a "union" which converts from a 3/16" line to a 1/4" line for each wheel.
These "unions" seems like built-in opportunities for leaks. Is this standard? Why would they engineer this into the system? Am I missing something? Is there a foolproof way to go from 3/16" to 1/4" line?
DJ '51 Chevy 3104 1/2-ton 216
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 | Junctions and other fittings are not a problem if you tighten them enough. What kind of truck do you have? Send pictures...
~Jim
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 33 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 33 | Isnt There a 90deg. brass block with a banjo bolt and copper washers on each wheel cyl.? Mabey you have the wrong W/Cs.
I suffer from ADAD (Advance Design Acquisition Disorder)
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | | | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 156 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 156 | Hmmmm....I don't know what a banjo bolt is, so I Googled it, and it looks like a bleeder screw (a hollow shaft with a hole that can be exposed by unscrewing it slightly). My W/Cs have bleeder screws, but the threaded fitting that connects the brake line to the W/C is not a banjo bolt, I would say. And there's definitely no "90 degree brass block" on my W/C. I will take pictures and post, as BigChevy suggests. It will be Wed or Thur before I can get to it, though. Thanks for your help!!
Last edited by ol_red; 04/01/2008 4:48 AM. Reason: added something
DJ '51 Chevy 3104 1/2-ton 216
| | |
| |
| |