The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 120 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,093
Posts1,056,474
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 202
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 202
I have two Chevy trucks. One an 87 Full size 4X4 and a 90 Full size G20 Travel Van. Neither had good dash lights until I found through searching a year ago on the net. I thought I would share this with you bolters or just old truck lovers. I removed the dash out of my pick up and bought bumper chrome paint. Can't find the actual chrome paint car companies use. I removed the bulbs and did a bit of masking and sprayed the piece which is a light blue with the chrome paint. I also masked and painted the black bezel on the reverse side facing the dash lights the same way. I let it dry then stuck new GE Night Hawk bulbs in them and its a much improved difference. I can see the gauges without squinting. I did the same on the van and "Hot Dog", it did the same thing! Just a low tech way to get better dash lights on most any rig. Real chrome paint would work even better and if anybody knows where I can get it please let me know. Its worth the work and not really hard to do. Have fun and enjoy!

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
That will also work on taillight housing.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0