| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,279 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 11 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 11 | New to your group. Glad I found it. A lot of good information will be gained here.
Present question is about a 2-ton truck that I want to make a car hauler out of. Any suggestions of an insurance co. that would cover such a venture? Tried Grundy and Hagerty, but they don't cover larger vehicles.
Thanks, Ed | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 684 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 684 | Have you tried J.C. Taylor? They covered my firetruck Cleon | | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 11 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 11 | Thanks, I will give them a try. Ed | | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 1,602 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 1,602 | My firetruck is with State Farm. $26 every six months but it is in a heated/AC building staffed 24/7. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Hagerty does cover larger vehicles (my 1954/55 2-ton GMC COE with long flatbed is covered by Hagerty). I told Hagerty that I might use the COE to carry another collector vehicle to a show or cruise-in - no problem.
However, they will only cover a "collector" vehicles. They will not cover a vehicle that is used for daily driving, or a vehicle that is used for commercial purposes. In addition, Hagerty requires that the insured collector vehicle be stored in locked storage.
I'd try State Farm, as suggested by others. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,969 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,969 | Did you try the ins co you have your other vehicles with?
Professional Novice
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 141 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 141 | I told Haggety that I was going to use to truck to carry classic bicycles to shows. They said that that was considered hauling, and they would not insure it. I have insurance with Progressive. Chris | | | | | Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 435 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 435 | I've had great service from State Farm. They insured my 64' and I had the underwriter declare a value of $18,000 on it without them batting an eye. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 55 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 55 | In most places a one ton or larger truck is considered a commercial vehicle. If you are hauling another car on the back in arkansas. You will be ticketed if you dont have a class B licence yellow flashing light and have to be bolth bonded and insured.This makes the cost to high for most people. Wich leads to the question what good is it if you cannott use it the way you want? I have parked my 2 ton with a dove tail and winch because no one would insure it reasonably. | | |
| |
| |