The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (frogfarmer), 116 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,268
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#379865 02/25/2008 1:34 PM
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 11
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 11
New to your group. Glad I found it. A lot of good information will be gained here.

Present question is about a 2-ton truck that I want to make a car hauler out of. Any suggestions of an insurance co. that would cover such a venture? Tried Grundy and Hagerty, but they don't cover larger vehicles.

Thanks,
Ed

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 684
3
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
3 Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 684
Have you tried J.C. Taylor? They covered my firetruck
Cleon


Life is like a roll of toilet paper, the nearer the end the faster it goes.




1949 Chevy 6400
1931 Chevy Firetruck



Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 11
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 11
Thanks,
I will give them a try.
Ed

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
V
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
V Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
My firetruck is with State Farm. $26 every six months but it is in a heated/AC building staffed 24/7.


Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Hagerty does cover larger vehicles (my 1954/55 2-ton GMC COE with long flatbed is covered by Hagerty). I told Hagerty that I might use the COE to carry another collector vehicle to a show or cruise-in - no problem.

However, they will only cover a "collector" vehicles. They will not cover a vehicle that is used for daily driving, or a vehicle that is used for commercial purposes. In addition, Hagerty requires that the insured collector vehicle be stored in locked storage.

I'd try State Farm, as suggested by others.

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
Did you try the ins co you have your other vehicles with?


Professional Novice
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 141
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 141
I told Haggety that I was going to use to truck to carry classic bicycles to shows. They said that that was considered hauling, and they would not insure it. I have insurance with Progressive.
Chris

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 435
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 435
I've had great service from State Farm. They insured my 64' and I had the underwriter declare a value of $18,000 on it without them batting an eye.


dj durant

1964 Chevrolet C-10 Pickup Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 55
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 55
In most places a one ton or larger truck is considered a commercial vehicle. If you are hauling another car on the back in arkansas. You will be ticketed if you dont have a class B licence yellow flashing light and have to be bolth bonded and insured.This makes the cost to high for most people. Wich leads to the question what good is it if you cannott use it the way you want? I have parked my 2 ton with a dove tail and winch because no one would insure it reasonably.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0