The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Charles in CA, IHPWR, Otto Skorzeny, 1955 1 Series), 155 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,225
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#375482 02/15/2008 1:19 AM
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 7
T
Apprentice
Apprentice
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 7
I have several big bolts and I never have trouble with anything but the brakes. I need resources for brake parts. I have mainly c60's with vacuum assist systems. My midwest trucks have road salt issues and my southern trucks have wear issues. So either way I have need of sources of obsolete brake parts.

Thanks to all.

Todd

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
What kind of parts you looking for? Everything is still available and sometimes are on the shelf for my 54 2 ton. CarQuest, NAPA or any other F.L.A.P.S. that's been around a while should be able to get anything you would need for a 60 - 66 era truck.

Our local powertrain store has several hydro-vac booster styles in stock. We also have a brake shop that can reline the shoes. Several machine shops can sleeve wheel cylinders and the cups are always a stock item at parts stores. The only thing that you may need to order would be a master and hoses.
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy todds, many brake parts for 60s vintage big bolts are not "obsolete" the parts in some cases were used for many years, and even though the part numbers are different they may be adaptable to the job very easily. Just tell us specifically what you are looking for, and we will try to help.

3B #375594 02/15/2008 5:57 AM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 165
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 165
When I tried to get front whel cyn for my 61 4000 series they didn't come up by model, but with the number on the cyn they are available thru NAPA

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 75
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 75
I got all the parts I needed for my 65 C50 thru a local parts store that has been around for years.(rubber lines-master and wheel cyl.)I got my hydro vac thru napa. I made all new brake lines. Parts are still available.

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 7
T
Apprentice
Apprentice
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 7
Thanks a lot. after reading several replies I think my problem is the local stores I've tried. You are all extremely encouraging though. Hate to park my old tandem. When we dig out of the snow and get ready for field work I will post a plee again with descriptions of the actual parts needed. My shop is only heated from April to October when I can open the doors and let the heat in.

The first thing I might need is a vacuum cannister for a 62 C60.
Haven't seen the truck yet.

Thanks again. Todd

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 462
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 462
im not to sure everything is available you might have trouble finding drums


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0