| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,402 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#37082 05/19/2005 6:46 PM | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 5 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 5 | Has anyone used Patricks 2" lowering springs? Does it handle that much better than new stock springs?
Any advice on doing this 2" lowering or not. | | |
#37083 05/19/2005 7:08 PM | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,513 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,513 | Click on search and type "monoleafs". You'll find all the info and opinions you need.
Curt B.
1952 1300 Canadian 1/2 ton restomod You Tube | | |
#37085 05/19/2005 10:41 PM | Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 104 Member | | Member Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 104 | I installed a set of patricks lowering springs on the front of my 51,3100,they are four leaf. I also installed new bushings that came with the springs.Also installed a front sway bar.The truck is about two inches lower,and rides real nice ,the sway bar also makes a big difference in handling. old navy 51............ | | |
#37086 05/20/2005 1:11 AM | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 375 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 375 | I installed a set of mono-leaf springs on my TF '57. The rears are reverse-eye. It dropped the front about 2.5" and the back about 4.5". I put 2" blocks in the rear to bring it up even. The front slams against the rubber stop when I hit a bump. I think she rides a little stiff for a single leaf. It does look good though. | | |
#37087 05/20/2005 1:32 AM | Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 4,095 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 4,095 | i got a set from fatfendered it lowered it nicely but did not give the more car like ride i expected. maybe my fault for wanting to much, i have a nova rearend and open drive shaft.
Ron, The Computer Greek I love therefore I am.1954 3100 Chevy truckIn the Gallery 2017 Buick Encore See more pix1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
| | |
| |
| |