| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,352 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 3 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 3 | So, I have a 1960 Fleetside that had a bad headlight harness..I wired it up today and the lights stil werent working. I connected it right to the battery and grounde it to the screw on the bezel, but I am thinking that didnt ground well enough. When I turned on the lights, it made a buzzing noise. I re grounded to the battery and the lights now work, but the truck wont start now. The battery is good (I checked) and the radio comes o, lights light and all but the truck just clicks once and wont start? Did I really mess something up? Help!!! I checked the fuses and alls good there too...please help! | | | | | Joined: May 2002 Posts: 155 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2002 Posts: 155 | Sounds like the headlight relay is shot...hooking up to the batt direct sucks too much juice...
Geoff
68 GMC 3800 56 JD420C w/JD90 Loader
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 1,703 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 1,703 | I would clean all your battery cable connections , especially the ground again and the positive cable connection at the starter , sounds like you either burned up a connection that is keeping your starter from recieving the proper amps to start or the starter cylenoid went by by. just a thought | | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 10 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 10 | Unless you test your battery for amperage not voltage, you could have killed the cold cranking amps to make the solenoid throw the starter. Bring it to an Autozone or local shop to fully test the battery or I have to agree with SW_Radial, it could be the solenoid.
Take one thing at a time slowly and you will figure out your problem. Getting the starter out and testing it on another battery is a good start, which is what I had to do on my 69 C10 when the starter went bye bye after driving it through three feet of water...
Good luck | | |
| |
| |