The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 129 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,241
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35761 10/28/2004 11:43 PM
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 33
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 33
Fellow stovebolters. Have any of you had any problem with Patrick's of AZ. I have a couple of issues, nothing huge, but still have issues. Just wondering if I am the only one ? This page seem's like a great place to air dirt.
Thanks Dave


Stock and loveing it.
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 399
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 399
This board allows no vendor bashing - with good reasons.

But let me tell you without going to much in details I had some major trouble, :mad: so you are not the only one.

Frank

Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
My experience has been very good with Patrick's: good products, timely shipping and I even got direct advice from a very helpful Patrick himself.

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 33
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 33
My problem is not so much with Patricks directly,but with some goods they sold me. I like Patricks, but I have been getting shall we say the (run around) on a warranty issue. But all in all a great place.


Stock and loveing it.
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
Have you talked to Patrick himself? I've only done a limited amount of business there, but have been very well taken care of.

what is the problem? Might be something we can help with.


Fred
52 3600
69 C-10
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 33
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 33
My problem! I bought a cam,lifters,pushrods,cam gear, and intake manifold. One of the lifters came without a cup in it. That was over a month ago. I still don't have a lifter, everytime I call I am told next week, well it has been 5-6 weeks of next weeks. I know that it is not Patricks fault. All they did was to put the lifters in the box with the rest of the stuff. It is their suppliers fault for poor quailty controll. But I didn't buy them from their supplier they did,and they need to make it right. And Iam sure they will,but when?


Stock and loveing it.
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
Always treated me well, his wife has been equally friendly and helpful.


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 384
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 384
I've never had a problem--call up on the phone and talk to Patrick hisself has been my experience. Sounds to me like u gotta problem with one of Patrick's suppliers--I expect he'll make it right--good guy. smile


Buzz'n Half Dozen
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
In my experience Patrick is the kind of guy that if he was aware of the situation he would take a lifter out of another set and send it to you free of charge. Maybe he has no others in stock? Maybe he is waiting as well? I would call Monday, talk to Patrick himself. Explain how this is holding up your project and if he can I bet he will make it good right away.


54 3100 with 235
62 flatbed dump C60 with 261
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
no problems,,Fred


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 33
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 33
Thanks Bolters. It sounds like Patricks is a stand -up place. Maybe Iam expecting to much? I have built two motors with their help, and I have one more to go. I'll keep you all posted . Again thanks for all the imput, that what makes this a great page and web site . The voice of many!.
Thanks Dave


Stock and loveing it.
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
Thank you all for not making this a vendor-bashing but a good exchange of information. Well-balanced. Patrick rear-end kit has always been very popular and well-spoken of here on The Stovebolt Page. After I saw this post, I sent an email to Patrick just so he'd have a chance to respond, also.

I hope you do hear from him -- and he works things out fairly.

I know this kind of stuff happens -- with suppliers of parts vendors. We had the same problem with a vendor -- but he made it right. It's that kind of treatment that keeps you a regular customer.

Thanks all!

Peg


~ One of many.
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
i have ordered a number parts and have been satisfied with their service, but i did wait 9 weeks for a set of chrome air cleaners, but they did have to come from china, they were mr. gasket brand. china may have been the delay. it is a long way away. have you heard a slow boat to china. ron


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 33
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 33
Fello Bolters, All's well thats ends well! On Nov 08-2004, I was send two lifters to replace the bad one. Hip Hip Ho-Ray for Patricks. I guess it takes someunderstanding. Mucho thanks for Patricks. Now I can spend more $$ with them.


Stock and loveing it.
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 709
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 709
Patrick's URL requested.


Bruce
Old Toy: Ol' Betsy stock 59 Apache SB Stepside (Gone but not Forgotten)
New Toy: 1962 Impala SS Coupe
The Driver: 1990 Toyota truck
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 662
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 662

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 709
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 709
:rolleyes: Duh! :o


Bruce
Old Toy: Ol' Betsy stock 59 Apache SB Stepside (Gone but not Forgotten)
New Toy: 1962 Impala SS Coupe
The Driver: 1990 Toyota truck
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
Chuck

Now that's the way to answer the question!

Glad this all turned out well. Patrick's is good people!

grin
Peg


~ One of many.
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 104
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 104
Patricks ,a real stand -up guy always helpful one of the best vendors.Wayne old navy51.............

Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
That's right, Sweetheart! And thanks Chuck!

Yeah, imagine that, there IS more to the Stovebolt Page than the forum...

:rolleyes:
John


~ One of many.

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0