The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (WICruiser), 131 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,172
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#351265 12/22/2007 1:30 AM
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
I've decided to go with Patrick's Saginaw 4-speed conversion kit but when I ask the locals about where to get one they look at me like I have two heads. Around here if it ain't NASCAR or ACC Basketball it ain't on the radar screen. cry

What cars came with these when they were new? I think if I said I was looking for a 4-speed out of a certain car I'd have better luck.

I want the 3:11 low / 2 groove version.


Woody
Your Brother in Bolthood

My 1951 half-ton 'Ol Red

Save the VINTAGE DOOR ART! Please contribute photos.
Door Art Collection
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 275
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 275
Try here http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/SaleSearch?from=R10&satitle=saginaw+transmission&sojs=1&sotr=2&from=R9&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSRCH:SRCH
These things are all 30 to 40 years old & you may not find them in your local yard anymore.
Doug

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
Great info... late 70s early 80s Camero... Thanks!


Woody
Your Brother in Bolthood

My 1951 half-ton 'Ol Red

Save the VINTAGE DOOR ART! Please contribute photos.
Door Art Collection
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
They were found in most front motor/rear dive GM cars of the era. I found one in a Vega once. I've seen them in Chevelles and Impalas.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...
OldSub #351720 12/23/2007 6:38 AM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 70
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 70
I got mine out of a Nova


1953 Chevy 1/2-Ton 3100 5-Window
1937 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1970 Chevelle
MainJet #354996 01/01/2008 6:37 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 388
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 388
Hey guys , Happy new year 2 ya!
Here is where I got my Sag. 4 speed
Great guy , good price,1-800 phone and big help.
He also has alot of T-5s if any body is interested
[email protected](e-mail) his name is Jim
Good luck,

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
bowties,
Where is he located? Does he offer any warranty? What's a good price?


Woody
Your Brother in Bolthood

My 1951 half-ton 'Ol Red

Save the VINTAGE DOOR ART! Please contribute photos.
Door Art Collection
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 388
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 388
He is located in Indiana, and with the bellhousing it was around $300.. I bought this about 1 years ago. Jim told me to install it into my truck and if anything is wrong within 30 days he would make it good. I have not installed mine yet but I do keep in touch with him.
Good luck,

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 388
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 388
Czechman , When you get ahold of Jim, tell him what you are doing and what your installing into and he can help you out. He is very smart about that stuff!
Mike

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
Okay, I'd prefer to get one locally but I'm not against having one shipped.

Was yours an AS-IS unit or was it rebuilt?


Woody
Your Brother in Bolthood

My 1951 half-ton 'Ol Red

Save the VINTAGE DOOR ART! Please contribute photos.
Door Art Collection
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 388
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 388
It was Is-is but with a 30 day warr.
Jim seems like a stand up guy, because he had my visa card and nothing was ever charged to me until I got the tranny that I wanted and I called him back to say go ahead and charge my card.

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
That's a good sign... thanks!


Woody
Your Brother in Bolthood

My 1951 half-ton 'Ol Red

Save the VINTAGE DOOR ART! Please contribute photos.
Door Art Collection
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 388
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 388
Hope you find what you need, If not he always gets them in.
Good luck


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0