| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (dunfire),
148
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,143 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 | I've decided to go with Patrick's Saginaw 4-speed conversion kit but when I ask the locals about where to get one they look at me like I have two heads. Around here if it ain't NASCAR or ACC Basketball it ain't on the radar screen. What cars came with these when they were new? I think if I said I was looking for a 4-speed out of a certain car I'd have better luck. I want the 3:11 low / 2 groove version. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 275 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 275 | Try here http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/SaleSearch?from=R10&satitle=saginaw+transmission&sojs=1&sotr=2&from=R9&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSRCH:SRCH These things are all 30 to 40 years old & you may not find them in your local yard anymore. Doug | | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 | Great info... late 70s early 80s Camero... Thanks! | | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 | They were found in most front motor/rear dive GM cars of the era. I found one in a Vega once. I've seen them in Chevelles and Impalas.
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | | | | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 70 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 70 | | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 388 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 388 | Hey guys , Happy new year 2 ya! Here is where I got my Sag. 4 speed Great guy , good price,1-800 phone and big help. He also has alot of T-5s if any body is interested [email protected](e-mail) his name is Jim Good luck, | | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 | bowties, Where is he located? Does he offer any warranty? What's a good price? | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 388 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 388 | He is located in Indiana, and with the bellhousing it was around $300.. I bought this about 1 years ago. Jim told me to install it into my truck and if anything is wrong within 30 days he would make it good. I have not installed mine yet but I do keep in touch with him. Good luck, | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 388 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 388 | Czechman , When you get ahold of Jim, tell him what you are doing and what your installing into and he can help you out. He is very smart about that stuff! Mike | | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 | Okay, I'd prefer to get one locally but I'm not against having one shipped.
Was yours an AS-IS unit or was it rebuilt? | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 388 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 388 | It was Is-is but with a 30 day warr. Jim seems like a stand up guy, because he had my visa card and nothing was ever charged to me until I got the tranny that I wanted and I called him back to say go ahead and charge my card. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 | That's a good sign... thanks! | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 388 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 388 | Hope you find what you need, If not he always gets them in. Good luck | | |
| |
| |