The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Peggy M, Ponchogl, treegrower), 72 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,099
Posts1,056,508
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#340987 11/24/2007 3:55 PM
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 33
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 33
Does anyone have any pictures of their homemade rotisserie , I'm looking for ideas.
I want to build one for the cab only for my 38 which two guys can easily lift so its not that heavy really.
thanks

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,444
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,444
i just used my engine hoister to move mine around...


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 874
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 874
I built one out of square tubing thats fully adjustable.
Photo


Steve

'49 3800
'52 3600
'57 3100

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 33
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 33
Nice simple design , I like it.
Like the monster casters too.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 324
V
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
V Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 324
macinist.212
If you are interested in a "cab" rotisserie, check this one I built as a first time welding project. It was very simple and worked well. Basically its a cradle on a pipe pivot system. I designed it so it could be bolted to the excisting cab mount holes in the floor. I used 1" tubing and added 1 1/2" pcs where stress points were. Since this photo was taken, wheels were added later.

Good luck and hope this can help you and other bolters.




http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s107/vickraft/




Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
Vickraft,
I like that cab flipper! I made one for frame with 2 engine stands. Worked fine. 212, maybe will work for you. Pics below. Good luck
Dan
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2951450480071274430qeOjmO

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 346
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 346
Here's one I built last spring. It's great to wheel the whole thing outside on the slab in front of the shop to do dirty work and then wheel it back in when I'm done.
Frame Rotisserie being built.

I have the '55 body bolted to the frame while I'm doing the rust repair on the bottom.

Rotisserie in use

The rotisserie is one of those projects what worked out BETTER than I thought it would.


'38 Chevy 1-1/2 ton
'49 Chevy 1/2 ton
'54 Chevy 6400 2 ton
'55.2 GMC 3/4 ton
'56 GMC 1-ton

No Room Left in Shop

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0