The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Shade Baby, Jon G, Gdads51, dt235sd), 93 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,118
Posts1,056,306
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#32619 06/28/2003 8:41 PM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 15
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 15
I've got a newly rebuilt rochester on my 235. It leaks like hell. After reading all the other post on this site it seems like this is just inherent in the design. I want to replace it with any other carb. I would like the cheapest and easiest to install, with no modifications if possible. What should I buy? Are any other decent carbs available that just bolt right on?
Thank-you for your help.

#32620 06/28/2003 9:13 PM
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
several places that you can go, jim carter, I got mine from RECARBO, I don't know how to hook you up to the link, just type in recarbo, I bolted mine on and never adjusted anything, I have had over a year. no problems and I drive my 52 halfton every day, it has a 54 235 eng, they can sell you dual carbs , anything you want ,I was real pleased with the service,good luck,,,FRED


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

#32621 06/29/2003 12:44 AM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
C
ODSS President
ODSS President
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
I have one 2bbl Holley-Webber on my 235 half ton stock intake, Fentons, and get 17 mpg combined driving. Tom Langdon sells them for $65, 10 bucks for an adapter and another $15 for a good looking air cleaner with element. Lots of guys do the 2x2, looks good, performs well.


~ Cosmo
1949 Chevy Half Ton
Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities.
"...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer


#32622 06/30/2003 1:42 AM
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
I don't have a 235, but I just put an Edelbrock carb on my 350 ... right out of the box ... tuned up the air/fuel mixture screws *once* and I'm done with it. Easy as pie ... and I'm getting 16 mpg, too!


~~ Alan Horvath
1954 Chevy Pickup
Singing his praises in the
Passing Lane
#32623 06/30/2003 4:31 AM
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
I've got the 2bbl Holly-Weber and can say it is very reliable. And it doesn't leak. The motor usually starts on 1st try. Maybe 2nd in winter with choke pulled. you can get electric, water, or manual choke. I asked for manual but got water. It came broke but since I wanted manual I just took it off and twiddled bits until I got it hooked up. I don't really like the looks of it but it does work well.


40 Chevy 1/2 ton
#32624 06/30/2003 3:37 PM
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
I have a dual 2bbl Holly-Weber setup. I got the carbs & adaptors from Tom Langdon. I have been very pleased with performance and ease of set-up.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0