The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (wilbur53, JW51, Otto Skorzeny), 150 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,124
Members48,435
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#245376 03/12/2006 1:45 AM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 168
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 168
Anyone successfully rebushed the factory sway bar from a 55-59 panel or suburban? I'm having a real hard time getting anyone to look for a bushing based on dimensions, and furthermore, trying to find a catalog that has specs is proving to be a pain as well. The old catalogs used to have specs on these types of pieces, but the new ones are purely application based. I'd prefer to put polyurethane in there, but I'll take rubber in a heartbeat if I can find it.


1956 GMC 100 NAPCO Deluxe
1955.1 Chevy 3600 NAPCO
1954 Chevy 3600 NAPCO
#245377 03/12/2006 4:29 AM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Just a thought but if you can get access to a book listing "shock" bushing you may be able to find one that will work?????


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
#245378 03/12/2006 7:44 AM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 168
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 168
I just ordered some generic end link grommets from energy suspension, which I think I can cut down to the correct OD for the small bushings. I'm hoping I can cut the correct size round bushing from the "D" type bushings they make. The only problem I see so far is that the "D" bushings are not wide enough. I'll have to see if I can glue a set together or something to get the full 2" width of the stock bushings. I'll report what I find. Hopefully this outfit I ordered from will have a quick turnaround time.


1956 GMC 100 NAPCO Deluxe
1955.1 Chevy 3600 NAPCO
1954 Chevy 3600 NAPCO

Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0