The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (JW51, KEVINSKI, Joe H, WingWright, 3800GUY, Gdads51), 121 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,255
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 92
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 92
I need help to identify this fuel tank
1952 Chevy- 3/4 Ton Truck (Dubl-Duti)
Forward Control Delivery Chassis
Model 3742 Medium Duty
OR 1952 GMC FP152-22 Forward Control Chassis

Thanks Maxx


52 GMC Grumman Olson Kurb Side stepvan T3-8(Comet)69 GMC 1/2-ton
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 92
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 92
Sorry I hit add reply and forgot the link
http://www.pr.bc.ca/Vanad.jpg
Maxx


52 GMC Grumman Olson Kurb Side stepvan T3-8(Comet)69 GMC 1/2-ton
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
F
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
I dunno about the gas tank, but a truck like that would make a mighty fine ice cream truck or concession vehicle.


an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like a AD Panel/Suburban gas tank to me & would almost bet that they are the same as what it shows in the picture. ZooKeeper

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 92
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 92
It was a ice cream truck two year and a pound or two of Rivets the Aluminium 75 lbs each side. panels are 1/8"x48"x108" and the Rivets heads are 1/2".
I pulled the old gas tank it was 1980's or so had to fill the old hole And looking for a tank
to pick up on the old filler spot
before http://www.pr.bc.ca/002.jpg
Thanks
For your help
Maxx


52 GMC Grumman Olson Kurb Side stepvan T3-8(Comet)69 GMC 1/2-ton
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
looks like a Dubl-Duti gas tank to me grin too wide frame to outside to fit under a panel, and not long enuff - like the po, you'll prolly hafta find something that'll fit the space - fill necks can be moved

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 513
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 513
i don't know, but i sure its rare


1949 Chevy 3600 Flatbed all orginal
1964 gmc 4000
1973 gmc 6000
2005 chevy duramax 4x4
1994 chevy 1500
Trucks are GM and Tractors are Orange

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom." - General George S. Patton
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 804
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 804
Isn't that just a 47-48 pickup tank?

Brian

picture


1948 Chevy Pickup
Chopped and sectioned
owned since 1974 when I was 15.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
it looks like the one out of my 52 panel....but then the one out of my panel was eat up with rust and not all there!! Still think its for a panel though.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
martinsr: where did you find that tank? refurbished or a new one??


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 804
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 804
Quote
Originally posted by Achipmunk:
martinsr: where did you find that tank? refurbished or a new one??
I'm sorry Chip, I should have made that clear. This is not MY tank at all. MNSmith was nice enough to give me a link to his truck photos when I asked on another thread about 47-48 gas tanks. (Click here) .

I did get an NOS one on ebay though. It looks darn nice being "new". But it does have a few dents I need to fix.

I think this is a suburban tank, which from what I understand is the same as a pickup. I hope so because my tank looks just like this one!

Brian


1948 Chevy Pickup
Chopped and sectioned
owned since 1974 when I was 15.
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 92
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 92
Is there a shop that sell aftermarket tanks like this?? or a good used one
Thanks
Maxx


52 GMC Grumman Olson Kurb Side stepvan T3-8(Comet)69 GMC 1/2-ton

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0