| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,178 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 22 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 22 | Ok now i need some help. I am missing the front license plate bracket and what I need to know is where I can find one and how it attaches to the Splash Apron and I can't live with out it, it just wouldn't look right. Also I have a neat License plate topper for the Lidgerwood Fire Department original from 1950 it was my grandpas and considering he was on the fire department and so was my dad and I am too, I feel the need to put it on my truck. So if any of you have a source to get that bracket please tell and if you have pictures of how they go on or look attached I would appreciate it greatly thank you for you time
Josh S 1950 Chevy 31001982 Jetta Diesel 1994 Chevrolet K1500 1996 Pontiac Grand Prix 2001 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 No honey, I don't NEED more toys I just need something fast enough to do something stupid in.
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 422 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 422 | Most all of the vendors have them, it bolts to the spash-pan on the passenger side. Here is a pic of mine. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 | These are really easy to find and reasonable you can get black finish or chrome for less than $10.00. www.truckandcarshop.com page 11. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 341 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 341 | There should also already be two holes in the splash apron unless someone has filled them.
Allan ----- 1951 GMC 1/2-ton Two 1953 Chevy 3100 5-window | | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 22 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 22 | Sorry I have been busy the last few days Thanks for the help everyone. It seems I was just plain blind I got it all figured out now. Thanks again. Josh S. 1950 Chevy 31001982 Jetta Diesel 1994 Chevrolet K1500 1996 Pontiac Grand Prix 2001 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 No honey, I don't NEED more toys I just need something fast enough to do something stupid in.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 262 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 262 | Josh, One thing to consider if you use the license plate topper is the weight of it plus the wind will make the plate bend over backwards as you're going down the road. Mine ended up scratching the grille and fender. I put a piece of aluminum plate behind the license plate to stiffen it up.
My truck: She may not be the prettiest girl at the dance, but she's all mine!
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 22 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 22 | Ohhhh good point never would have thought of it. Thanks for the tip. Josh 1950 Chevy 31001982 Jetta Diesel 1994 Chevrolet K1500 1996 Pontiac Grand Prix 2001 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 No honey, I don't NEED more toys I just need something fast enough to do something stupid in.
| | |
| |
| |