The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Otto Skorzeny, 1955 1 Series, BC59, 51sub, 1 invisible), 137 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,097
Posts1,056,163
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 22
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 22
Ok now i need some help. I am missing the front license plate bracket and what I need to know is where I can find one and how it attaches to the Splash Apron and I can't live with out it, it just wouldn't look right. Also I have a neat License plate topper for the Lidgerwood Fire Department original from 1950 it was my grandpas and considering he was on the fire department and so was my dad and I am too, I feel the need to put it on my truck. So if any of you have a source to get that bracket please tell and if you have pictures of how they go on or look attached I would appreciate it greatly thank you for you time

Josh S


1950 Chevy 3100
1982 Jetta Diesel
1994 Chevrolet K1500
1996 Pontiac Grand Prix
2001 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

No honey, I don't NEED more toys I just need something fast enough to do something stupid in.
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 422
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 422
Most all of the vendors have them, it bolts to the spash-pan on the passenger side. Here is a pic of mine.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
These are really easy to find and reasonable you can get black finish or chrome for less than $10.00. www.truckandcarshop.com page 11.

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 341
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 341
There should also already be two holes in the splash apron unless someone has filled them.


Allan
-----
1951 GMC 1/2-ton
Two 1953 Chevy 3100 5-window
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 22
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 22
Sorry I have been busy the last few days Thanks for the help everyone. It seems I was just plain blind I got it all figured out now. Thanks again. Josh S.


1950 Chevy 3100
1982 Jetta Diesel
1994 Chevrolet K1500
1996 Pontiac Grand Prix
2001 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

No honey, I don't NEED more toys I just need something fast enough to do something stupid in.
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 262
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 262
Josh,
One thing to consider if you use the license plate topper is the weight of it plus the wind will make the plate bend over backwards as you're going down the road. Mine ended up scratching the grille and fender. I put a piece of aluminum plate behind the license plate to stiffen it up.


My truck: She may not be the prettiest girl at the dance, but she's all mine!
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 22
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 22
Ohhhh good point never would have thought of it. Thanks for the tip. Josh


1950 Chevy 3100
1982 Jetta Diesel
1994 Chevrolet K1500
1996 Pontiac Grand Prix
2001 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

No honey, I don't NEED more toys I just need something fast enough to do something stupid in.

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0