| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (Phak1, Bill Hanlon),
116
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,129 Posts1,056,360 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#23427 05/23/2005 2:46 AM | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 2 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: May 2005 Posts: 2 | I'm having exhaust leaks on a recently rebuilt 250 - between the exhaust manifold and the head. I've noticed all my spare manifolds are warped (as viewed from the side), so the ports don't line up exactly with the ports on the head and gasket. I know the faces can be machined, but can anything be done to bend them back? Thanks. | | |
#23428 05/23/2005 3:15 PM | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 2 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: May 2004 Posts: 2 | It is best to seperate the intake/exhaust ..install a new gasket and leave them a little loose ...bolt the set to the cylinder head..align as best you can and tighten the halves last..due to misalignment I have had success using the one piece gasket from Mr Gasket...In fact I doubled one using a cheap set of tubular headers.....Al..
If it weren't for inlines there would be no fun in wrenching
| | |
#23429 05/25/2005 4:01 PM | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,221 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,221 | I don't know if you found a replacement or repaired yours, but here is a new one from E-bay. I don't know anything about the seller or the item. I just seen it and remembered someone was needing one. Joe http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...8&category=33632&sspagename=WDVW | | |
#23430 05/25/2005 5:04 PM | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 2 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: May 2005 Posts: 2 | Thanks - the one on eBay looks exactly like the aftermarket one I just bought and am not happy with (poor quality). FYI, I just found out that GM still sells the 292 manifold - it has a 3-bolt flange for the exhaust instead of 2, but that's the only real difference. | | |
| |
| |