The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (66flea, Frank50, 3800GUY, KDrown, delwrench, Nick in Manitou), 78 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,636
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 128
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 128
I spent some time going back and forth deciding where to buy my disc brake kit for my '65 C-10. I had it narrowed down to Classic Performance Products and Chevy Duty. I looked at both ads in the catalogs, listing and price... both were identical except for a slight difference in parts arrangement in the pictures. I got confirmation about my packages (I ordered several items) being shipped yesterday but nothing about a quote for the extra shipping for my brake booster and the disc brake kit. I called Chevy Duty today and as told, "the items are drop shipped from the manufacturer in California". Guess where Classic Peformance Products is located... Anaheim, CA. Coincidence?

Lee


-----------
1965 Chevy C-10 Gallery page
My Chevy truck pages more info and pictures!
1961 Studebaker Hawk
1962 Shasta 16' AirFlyte Travel Trailer
1941 Case Model S tractor
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 310
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 310
A small world and everybody is trying to make a buck or two grin

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 257
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 257
I have been told Langdon Stovebolt Company and Patrick's Antique Cars are fierce competitors. I was ordering some Fenton headers along with a new carb and other items from Langdon. The headers arrived, still in the Patrick's box.

And after ordering a rear suspension kit from TCI, I'm guessing that Chevy Duty and CPP order their kits from them. The kit I received was identical to that shown in the CPP catalog, not the TCI catalog, but that's a totally different story.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 "One Step Forward, Two Steps Back"
Webshot Photos

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
Much of Chevy Duty's parts are manufactured by CPP. In fact it was a tech at Chevy Duty that told me that. The prices are pretty much the same, however you get a little faster shipping with CPP.


~Jim
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 166
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 166
We got my disk conversion from CPP as well. Be careful with the booster. The holes didn't line up to the old holes on the firewall, when we called they said they should. A little manuvering and it worked. I still need to work out a few bugs with it, but all in all I was very happy. CPP has really fast shipping.


SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -- Ronald Reagan

1966 Fleetside SWB Webshots
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,099
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,099
I live in So Cal, and there are numerous suppliers here, CPP, CARS, ABS, OPG, Danchuk, Classic Industries, Truck Shop, etc. CPP doesn't manufacture anything, they buy or assemble kits just like most of the other suppliers. Sometimes you get the correct stuff, sometimes.....not.
The important thing is to get complete instructions and hope they have some technical expertise if you have a problem.
Fred


1956 3100 Pickup/Red/350/3sp OD/PS/Disc Brakes
1957 Bel Air Sport Coupe/Red/355/TH350/PS/Disc Brakes
2017 Silverado LT Single Cab SB/Black/5.3/6 Speed Trans
1947 Willys CJ2A w/F-Head engine
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
Most people would be shocked to know how few product "manufacturers” actually manufacture their own products. Instead other companies will manufacture the product to their specifications. That manufacturer will manufacture products for dozens of companies. Then there are those vendors that buy generic products from generic manufacturers who sell that generic product to many vendors. That would be Chevy Duty, Brothers, etc... CPP hires out their manufacturing to be done to their specs by a manufacturer that will not give the specs to other companies. My personal belief is that one probably gets a better product when purchased from a company like this.
I worked for a chemical “manufacturer” located in Chicago back in the late seventies and early eighties who also “manufactured” rattle can paints. You would recognize the name as they have been around since Moses crossed the Red Sea. I was surprised to learn that at that time there were only two companies that canned paint, and they canned paint for almost all the aerosol paint companies. That is the way it goes.
I may be wrong... It happened once before...


~Jim
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 74
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 74
In the latest Chevy Duty catalog you can see a remote brake fluid reservoir with the CPP logo on the cap.


Paul
1956 Chevy Task Force Webshots
My wife puts knots on my head faster than I can rub 'em. That's why I ask knot-headed questions.

Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0