The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (KEVINSKI), 160 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,230
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 99
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 99
I just wanted to give Oreily Auto Parts and Fel-Pro a compliment. I just got my new valve cover gasket and manifold gaskets this morning. The valve cover gasket even came with the rubber stud plugs (unexpected) and the manifold gaskets also included the gasket for between the intake and exhaust. Everywhere else you have to buy everything seperate and the price was less expensive than any of the other "specialty" vendors. And Fel-Pro makes their gaskets the correct size and more importantly to me, thickness. So a big thanks and "good job" goes out to Oreily Auto Parts and Fel-Pro for making a quality product and making Wada's job a lot easier! grin Wada

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
Well it's Fel-Pro that need the kudos here. I bought a head gasket set from one of the AD vendors. It was a generic, no name set and the head gasket just plane looked chincy, rough fibers sticking out from unfinished edges and compression rings that don’t look fully formed. The manifold gaskets look like they skimped on them also, seemed to thin and more filler than metal, kind of crumbly looking.
I would agree with woda, try to stay with Fel-Pro. I think I asked this before but I miss the comebacks sometimes, but is Victor still making gaskets? Taint seen them around for a while, they used to be the standard in the circle I ran with.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
Yes FelPro is the best gaskets, although I haven,t been using them lately because all my suppliers have gone to other brands. I was in the local Napa store a few days ago & the manager say,s they are changing over to Fel-pro. I believe Carquest gaskets are Victor with there name on them.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 513
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 513
yes the quality at the FLAPS is much better


1949 Chevy 3600 Flatbed all orginal
1964 gmc 4000
1973 gmc 6000
2005 chevy duramax 4x4
1994 chevy 1500
Trucks are GM and Tractors are Orange

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom." - General George S. Patton
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
I use Fel-Pro gaskets for all of my own stuff. They're a division of Federal-Mogul, I try to use their products exclusivly as the quality is higher than other brands. They also own Moog Chassis, National Seal, Anco, and Wagner brake and lighting.


Bill Burmeister
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 324
2
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
2 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 324
I have found Fel-Pro uses only one gasket for the valve cover for the 235 and 216. If I want the correct gasket for the 216 I have to go to Carquest and Victor gaskets.
Tom


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0