The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (KEVINSKI), 96 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,099
Posts1,056,506
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 9
P
New Guy
New Guy
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 9
Has anyone done business with Scott Instrument rebuilders in Michigan?

I would like to get my instrument clusters rebuilt
and don't want to do them myself.

Thanks,

PK.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Don't know Scott Instrument folks. Give D&M Restorations (Mike and Diane Freeman) a call in Greenville, S.C. He has done this for years. Once had a business up in Ma. or N.J. I think. Came south to play golf. He does excellent work as I have guages he worked on 8 years ago still doing/working good. His # is 1-800-722-0854 or 864-421-9959


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,897
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,897
Just got a "NOS" 1940-46 speedo from them from an ebay auction. Speedo looks very clean... except for their service sticker they put on the back side. It shipped very fast to the west coast using priorty mail

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 422
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 422

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 50
1
Member
Member
1 Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 50
How much should I spend on a gauge cluster for my 46. I paid 575.00 for the one in my p.u. and now the same guy is 1600.00 I liked his work but.... Does D&M paint the faces or use decals? Has anyone bought one from chevs of the 40s?


restoring a 1946 coe wrecker.
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
Mine just got sent out to Carter's. I'll let you know how it turns out.


My 1941 in the Stovebolt Gallery
My Photo Album


But I tried, didn't I? ... At least I did that. RP McMurphy
The past belongs to the future...but only the present can preserve it.
Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
D&M can paint faces..or use decals. I went the decal way and got them from Obsolete Truck out of Georgia. That was about 9 years ago and they still look like new in my 37. I had Mike to use my ORIGINAL guages but fix the amp for the 12 volt and fixed the oil pressure to where when it reads 15 its acutally 30 and when it reads 30 its actualy 60. This was to keep it them looking original but accomodate the V8 engine. The cost to do mine was $325 back then. Call Mike and chat with him. He has been around awhile and may be able to give you a good estimate on the phone. Let your fingers do the walking.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 339
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 339
I re-faced My own using decals from the Truck
Shop in Nashville, Ga...Kinda easy really...Bill B


1952 Chevy 3104 Shortbed 5-window
Remember; Politicians and diapers both need to be changed
often, and for the same reason.....
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 513
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 513
yea i redid my in my 49 chevy as well, it wasn't that hard


1949 Chevy 3600 Flatbed all orginal
1964 gmc 4000
1973 gmc 6000
2005 chevy duramax 4x4
1994 chevy 1500
Trucks are GM and Tractors are Orange

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom." - General George S. Patton
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
I did my 52 speedometer with the decal kit. Very easy and looks great.


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
I need to get another speedo for my 50. It does not work - needle just hangs straight down and wiggles a little. Odo works. OOPS - maybe this should be in parts wanted, sorry.


Professional Novice

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0