The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (GMCJammer51, DuckRancher, Peggy M, 49nut, 1 invisible), 118 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,245
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#226473 02/05/2007 11:27 PM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 76
6
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
6 Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 76
What power steering gear have you guys used. My manual is trashed, so I figure I'll spend the cash to put some power. Thanks Jeremy


1961 k-10
86 c-20
02 duramax
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
There's a company called REZ Engineering that makes an adapter plate to retro fit the newer (70's era) P/S boxes to the frame. I would assume it should also be a 4X4 box too,
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 76
6
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
6 Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 76
I was told it was only for two wheel drive conversions. I guess I need to find their number and ask them.


1961 k-10
86 c-20
02 duramax
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
62 short step:

I have done a power steering conversion on a few '64-'66 Chevy K10 trucks. I used a conversion kit similar to the REZ Engineering unit, that I fabricate myself, specific to the K10 frame rail contour.

With regards to the gear box, I use a '68-'86 Saginaw, quick ratio, three turn gear box. Pull the gear box, pump, brackets, brackets, hoses, pulleys and hardware from a '68-'86 Chevy truck, equipped with the same engine type as your truck, i.e. V-8 or straight six. Sometime in the 80's the threads on the box, pump and hose changed from SAE to Metric. It doesn't matter which you use unless you have a pump with SAE threads and a box with Metric threads. This can be handled, as well, but it is inconvenient.

In any event, good luck with your project. You can send me a PM for additional information about this conversion.

Tony

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 76
6
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
6 Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 76
Thanks Tony I will pm you when I get home from work. Thanks Jeremy.


1961 k-10
86 c-20
02 duramax

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0