| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,082 Posts1,056,303 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 428 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 428 | Since I don't have a garage to park my truck in, I want to get a cover to help protect it from the elements. I was looking at the Custom Fit Technalon cover offered by LMC. It is a bit pricey at $290 but I don't want some cheapo cover that isn't going to last and doesn't offer much in the way of protection.
Anyone have any experience with this cover? Any other suggestions as to what is available? | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 | I would get a free standing roof type cover instead. Car covers, when used outside, trap moisture rising up from the ground under it. I use a sealable "pocket". I set it up, back my car into it, put a car cover on it, zip up the "pocket" with dessicant inside, and put a tarp over that. But my car is inside so the wind won't make anything slap at my paint. Just a thought, Scott | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 | Check the yellow pages for someone that makes custom boat covers. They measure closely and sew the cover to fit. I would think a truck cover would be no harder than a boat cover to make
~Jim
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 507 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 507 | Ralph, try these guys you may find somthing to your liking. http://www.calcarcover.com/
"If it ain't Steel it ain't Real" "Earth the insane aslyum for the rest of the Universe" 41 1/2-ton, a work in progress 68 Shortbed stepside 327/325hp/700R4
| | |
| |
| |