The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 163 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
V
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
V Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
I know that you all know most everything about trucks so I'm going to ask you. I am looking for the name of a type of steel for the running board on my old fire truck. I need a piece to cover the rear where the hose bed goes on and lines up with the rear step. Anyway, I don't know what they call it. I know diamond plate is used on our new firetrucks but what is this stuff called and where might I purchase a 6'x 1' piece? Picture link: http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2382042990080243953lXxyvT


Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,031
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,031
diamond plate
but there are many designs depending on the manufacturer
avail in rubber coat ........... but that was not stock back then.

http://images.google.com/images?q=d...;lr=&sa=X&oi=images&ct=title


Jim & Caroline
The highway is for gamblers, better use your good sense."
Gooday-that's my 1¢ answer due to the lousy economy ~ cause I ain't got - no . mo . doe

Every Shaver | Now Can Snore | Six More Minutes | Than Before ... | Half A Pound for Half a Dollar | Spread On Thin | Above the Collar || BURMA-SHAVE
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 707
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 707
I've heard something like that called checkerplate.


1951 3800

Be the change you want to see.
-hotshoe
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 769
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 769
Do a search of floor plate or checker plate.

Check out this site.

http://www.gratingpacific.com/diamond_floor_plate.htm

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
V
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
V Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
Thanks folks! I'm on it.


Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
I think that the stuff with the little square raised bumps rather than the diamond pattern looks better on old trucks. I have an old fuel tank I can take a picture of with the square stuff if you would like to see.
I don't know if you can buy it now days though?
Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
V
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
V Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
Grigg: Thanks. I'd like to see a picture. I do not want diamond plate on the old truck. I'm going to try to get some made if I can't locate some. I'm trying to find a piece to replace some of the rear of the truck running tail board.


Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
V
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
V Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
I would like to thank Grigg for donating the checkerplate steel fuel tank(see above post) which I need to finish the rear step on my fire truck. I met him today and he provided the steel that I have been hunting a long time.

Thank Grigg! Just one more outstanding example of the Stovebolt members.



Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0