The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (TGP, Bill Hanlon, Hotrod Lincoln, greenie-reddy, 1955 1 Series, Otto Skorzeny), 178 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,228
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,971
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,971
The Update and Thanks "For the Boys"

First, I would like to thank all of you STOVEBOLTER's. What a generous bunch of people. You gave so much by helping out a little. You did it with trust and good hearts. Your calls, emails, and pledges were more than I ever expected. What an overwhelming response from you it has been. Because of you STOVEBOLTER's, Joe's son Joe Jr. has a plan ticket home. His Marine friends both have arrangements to get home through family and friends with their expenses paid. Joe was able to stay near his wife Denise's side, who is doing well after open heart surgery. Just a rough tally has generated over $1000 in pledges! That is amazing for less than 24 hours. STOVEBOLTER's are a great bunch of caring, trusting and thoughtful people. I'm proud to be friends with STOVEBOLTER's.

If you wish to continue sending money, I will continue to forward it to Joe "TooMany2Count".

Second, I'd like to thank Peg and John for standing up for me and putting them selves on the line to say it was OK to send the money to me, and trust that I would do the right thing by forwarding the money to Joe. You guys deserve so much for creating this fine STOVEBOLT community. You guys are second to none.

Third, I want to thank God for placing the talent into the hands that created these old trucks, and placed them in our lives. These "objects" are the backbone to what help make our lives simple and truthful. They are the heart and soul of our daily lives, and they are truly works of art. Not everybody can grasp the happiness that a pile of broken down truck can have on a person. We are all so lucky to be the people who can grasp that happiness.

Fourth, I would like to thank the Marines that we are bringing home for Christmas. These young men have bravery matched to none. They are Hero's to us all. They may claim that they are just doing their job, but it is so much more than that. They are part of the reason we are free to paint, restore, hotrod, trade, drive, spend, buy, sell, barter and banter about something as simple as an old truck. That doesn't even compare to the most important freedoms of family, religion and everyday life in a free country. God bless you young men. Your blood will run through your children and grandchildren to keep this country the greatest and most desirable wonder the world has ever known. The fighting men of this nation will never be forgotten in STOVEBOLT country.

Fifth, I would like to thank Joe and Denise. Thanks for raising a fine brave young man. Thank you for putting your heart out there for us to see. Thanks for being a part of the STOVEBOLT community.

God Bless and Merry Christmas!

Builder

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 197
3
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 197
You should be thanked, Builder, for putting feet to this idea. Someone's got to care enough first before the rest of us think "Yeah, he's right!" Great job! And thank you. I'm now officially in the Christmas spirit.

Merry Christmas


Neil
1940 GMC 1/2 Ton
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
Yes, thank you Steve for running the flag on this one. I'm proud of everyone in this. Gives me chill bumps.

I was thinking last night, if we couldn't make it, I could call on some of our friends to help out. But this truly is a call to us in our community. And I'm a proud Momma to see you all jumped to your feet.

Great post, Steve. Great job. And glad to hear Denise is doing fine! It's already been a GREAT morning. smile Thanks!

Peg


~ One of many.
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,971
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,971
Thanks everybody for the kind words and encouragement you have given me. It was just a spur of the moment thought I had. It made me feel good to be able to help, and better that you all came through for Joe, Denise and Joe Jr.

The good people of the Stovebolt pages (you) have made this a more meaningful Christmas for me. My time is a valuable thing to me. This has been the best use of my time than anything I can remember.

It was one small challenge, and one great awakening.

I applaud and thank you.

Builder

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 161
Z
'Bolter
'Bolter
Z Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 161
Merry Christmas to you and your family Joe and tell the 4 boys thank you for everything they do for this country and all of us.


1946 Chevy Pickip
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 355
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 355
Yes Merry Christmas, I like it when a plan comes together!!


Jeff
1947 Chevy 6400 2-ton
In the Gallery
1953 3/4-ton
In the Gallery
It was fun while it lasted
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
grin


Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0