The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gray_Ghost, Joe W), 211 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,231
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 275
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 275
I snapped this picture right before unloading. I pulled the boat 125 miles to get the lake.

Hope you enjoy

picture


38 original
48 panel
59 stepside
46 in the back forty
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 275
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 275
I got my picture working now smile cool


38 original
48 panel
59 stepside
46 in the back forty
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
NICE, hope my panel looks half as good when I get it finished. (about half torn apart now)and yes, my 37 can pull a trailer, if I had one to pull!!!!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 622
T
Tab Offline
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 622
my truck can barely pull itself.


delete my account and pictures
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 428
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 428
Pulled my boat to the lake several times with mine before I tore the truck apart to do body work and paint.


Ralph Davis
1970 Chevy C10 Webshots
My Stovebolt Gallery page

Old trucks never die, they just find a new home.
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 119
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 119
My '66 pulled a trailer for the Vets who couldn't march in the last Memorial Day parade in my home town.

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 9
F
Junior Member
Junior Member
F Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 9
It better or it wont be mine for long. My old truck was a 54 f100 with a 350/400, during race season you could find it somewere over a five state area pulling a vintage dirt modified. I sold the racecar but I bought a vintage camper to pull and I still have the car trailer and use it often

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 47
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 47
For many years my truck pulled a trailer with a pontoon boat. In the Arizona summer heat it ran cool all the time and with the granny gear we also pulled our share of tree stumps and fence posts. Even used it once to pull down a garage.


i love my dog's 1965 suburban.
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 707
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 707
Mine'll be getting a 5th wheel before too loong, and then we'll see.


1951 3800

Be the change you want to see.
-hotshoe
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
Mine can.

My '55 1st Suburban has pulled a trailer several times, but only for short local trips with a light load, or sometimes just moving an empty tralier. Longest was an empty trailer about 50 miles.

My '72 C10 has pulled a trailer many times, the longest trip being 1,600 miles.

But most the time I pull a trailer with a newer (relatively) 1-ton because I like having enough brakes to stop a load even if the trailer brakes fail and enough power to keep the whole thiing moving at a good clip even if I'm dragging home another big truck.

[img]http://www.oldsub.com/images/2006/06/MyCOE/100_0347sm.jpg[/img]

I'm a fan of having the right equipment and none of my Stovebolts are really up to pulling a heavy trailer yet. Hopefully before I need to replace the black truck I'll have something else ready to do the job.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
Sweet panel truck...

nice rig oldsub... how far did you drag that COE?


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 181
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 181
My trucks are for function first. I owned a 66 C20 in Colorado that pulled my 18 foot car trailer with ease. Back in the mid 90's I had a stock '72 K20 (mostly rotted out) that I took second place with in the local truck pull. The guy in his 4 letter F word that beat me did so by an inch but broke a driveshaft doing it.


1965 Chevy C-10 Longbed Stepside
In the Gallery
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
My new 48 2 ton should have no problems.
A Detroit Diesel 4-53T and a Roadranger 10 speed should help


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0