Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,178 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 33 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 33 | Hey Guys I found this 51 GMC truck http://www.stovebolt.com/forum/warkentin_roland.jpg that I believe is very rare. Actually I was playing around with my camera and came up with a possible project to do on my 51 GMC. What do you think? Should I go for the quad cab idea( I have other cabs I can use for the project) or should I keep it original? | | | | | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 1,897 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 1,897 | I have seen a couple of quad cab coes. If done right, it is pretty awesome. If done with duck tape, pretty funny. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 275 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 275 | Here is a picture of an extended cab that looks pretty good
38 original 48 panel 59 stepside 46 in the back forty
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 14 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 14 | highwayman: all the vehicles done by your friend are well done. I tend to prefer stock old vehicles, but that gregfri has a real talent for tasteful modifications. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 4,095 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 4,095 | CHEVY NUT, i think i would suicide the rear doors. ron
Ron, The Computer Greek I love therefore I am.1954 3100 Chevy truckIn the Gallery 2017 Buick Encore See more pix1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,971 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,971 | One of the forum members had pictures of his cab that was lengthened really nicely. He lengthened the cab and doors instead of adding to the rear of the cab.
I thought THAT LOOKED GOOD! It gave the room needed and gave the truck a slight chopped look. That is what I want to do next. That looked hot and gave more function too. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,441 Moderator - The Electrical Bay | | Moderator - The Electrical Bay Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,441 | you almost had me there...
I'd go four door, if I wanted that big of a truck.. maybe scavenge some suburban doors for the 2nd set?
Another quality post. Real Trucks Rattle HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 14 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 14 | | | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 | Originally posted by Rusty Rod: maybe scavenge some suburban doors for the 2nd set? Please explain what you are thinking...
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | Scavenging 'Burban doors wouldn't work, the 'burbs didn't get rear side doors until '67, and then it was only on the right side. They got 4 doors in '73. Chevy Nut, thet GMC that you have pictured looks lik an aftermarket conversion to me. Not too uncommon to see something like that from a construction or mining company, perhaps a loggong outfit as well. I beleive that International made the first factory built crew cabs, most others were made by specialty builders until the early '70s.
Bill Burmeister | | | | | Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 33 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 33 | Hey Longbox55 it definately is an aftermarket conversion. I did it myself on the kitchen table with 4 pictures, scissors and tape. It's nice to know that it looks realistic enough to fool you. Might just encourage me to do it, maybe chop the top while I'm at it. Anyway it was a fun diversion for the evening. | | |
| |