The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
10 members (Greg_H, 1955 1 Series, Otto Skorzeny, TrknGMC, TooMany2count, KEVINSKI, Peggy M, Lostbuthaulinass, wilbur53, Wayne67vert), 130 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,481
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#215602 09/13/2006 11:49 AM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 453
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 453
Has anyone ever heard of or ordered from these guys? They had a heck of a booth at the Carlisle All Truck Nationals last month. Their prices are really reasonable. I hope it's not "you get what you pay for". I just ordered a bunch of sheet metal from them. I'll let you know how it turns out.

http://www.truckandcarshop.com/

#215603 09/13/2006 5:39 PM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 640
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 640
Never heard of them, but I just ordered one of their catalogs.


1948 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Tuesdays with Morris"
In the Legacy Gallery
Find it - Fix it - Drive it
#215604 09/13/2006 5:46 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 345
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 345
If they are the ones in Orange, CA, I have bought a bunch of stuff from them. Never sheet metal though. Their prices seem well below other suppliers (which is good) but the SOME of the employees behind the counter should be doing something else-i.e. not much help so you need to know exactly what you want.

The parts that I have purchased and installed seem to work fine.

If this is not the supplier you are talking about then------Nevermind.

#215605 09/13/2006 5:48 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 85
P
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
P Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 85
how can i order a cattalog,,, ron

#215606 09/13/2006 6:33 PM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 453
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 453
Pushrod...I got their catalog at the All Truck Nationals in Carlisle, PA. If you go to the website and click on the catalog tab at the top, you'll be able to have one sent to you in the mail, free, if you live in the States.

#215607 09/13/2006 8:48 PM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
I've bought stuff from them in the past. They used to be just The Truck Shop. I have some of they're chrome on a daily driver.

#215608 09/13/2006 9:00 PM
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,519
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,519
Ive used their parts on both of my '54s. Nice stuff,decent prices,really good catalogs. Tlorber is right on about the counter help,not too knowledgeable or friendly.
Overall,,WAAAYYY better than L.M.C.,jim carter,and american classic.
Filling Station in Oregon is pretty good too.

#215609 09/13/2006 9:13 PM
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 587
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 587
Good prices on the same old reproduction stuff that all others sell. Just fairly lousey service. Don't plan on attending a swap meet and hoping to meet them there. I made the trip to Pate a few months ago, and wanted to get bedsides from them, since there price is so good. They were gone when I got there on Saturday. The meet started Thursday, they left Thursday afternoon. Explain why to me, because I have no idea why they would do that.

#215610 09/14/2006 1:17 AM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 453
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 453
It's funny everyone mentions their service. When I placed the order over the phone...they asked me what kind of truck I had. I said 1953 chevy 6400 2-ton. She never heard of a 2-ton before.

I saw some of the stuff they sell at the truck show and their prices were so low. Items looked good to me. I asked the guy if this was "show price". He said, yup. Then when I got their catalog, the prices were the same as what was on the table. Go figure.

#215611 09/14/2006 1:30 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 49
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 49
ive been happy with their stuff.


64 c10
89 rs
62 econoline
50 ford coupe
#215612 09/14/2006 1:47 AM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 27
4
Junior Member
Junior Member
4 Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 27
I order every piece of sheet metal that you can
buy from a vendor. everything fit very well
the only thing is you can only order or check
stock on three items at a time. I had to make
several calls to get all of my parts ordered.
but the prices and the packing of there product
mad up for that.been happy also

#215613 09/14/2006 2:48 AM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 30
1
Junior Member
Junior Member
1 Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 30
I ordered from them once prices were good but the problem I had was I had them check if the tie rod for my 59 was in stock they said yes so I ordered a bunch of little parts while I was ordering and they said it would arrive in 7-10 days. I called them on the tenth day and the tie rod was on back order and nothing else had shipped yet so I cancelled and got it all locally at bow tie bits in Wichita Kanas for the same price minus the shipping.


My 1959 Chevy Apache Stepside
One just isn't enough
#215614 09/14/2006 5:03 AM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 241
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 241
I live in Orange County and have been at their place a couple of times. I've never had any problems with their parts.

The people behind the counter are better to talk with than the salespeople on the phone if you have any questions.

One major inconvience is that you can't place an order online. You can only call, fax or mail in an order if you don't want to drive down there.


1956 Chevy 3200, 1/2 Ton, 235 CI
https://photos.app.goo.gl/TQQo1YnFjs3U7xB57
#215615 09/14/2006 5:20 AM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 122
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 122
Hey mark,

Is your truck in the Gallery? You should post it if it isn't?

I bought a ton of parts from them (they are only a few block from my house) and the comments here are all about right. I like most of the guys behind the counter, but some of them (as others have said) are college students from the local university and haven't got a clue about old trucks.

You can't beat their prices and the quality of the products is the same as most of the other parts houses. So, its a trade off, service for price. If you know exactly what you need, the service isn't that big of a deal.

When I need help, I use Classic Parts, Jim Carters or American Classic Parts. Each of these guys are tops at service and the prices are fair for the extra special touch they give.

Ok...'nough said! cool


Jim Karras
Orange, CA
'59 Chevy Apache 32 Stepside Pickup
E-mail: [email protected]
Internet: www.59apache.com
#215616 09/14/2006 5:44 AM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 241
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 241
Jim:

I haven't gotten around to posting a picture of my truck yet. Your truck looks great.

You're right about their prices. They usually have most things in stock. Its a little bit of a drive but not too far. I'm in Fountain Valley.

For the most part I like being able to buy online. I usually use Classic Parts.

My son and I drove out to Phoenix to pick up a rear primered bumper from this place last year.

http://www.grumpystruckparts.com/index2.ivnu

The didn't have a large stock but they had what we needed at the time.


1956 Chevy 3200, 1/2 Ton, 235 CI
https://photos.app.goo.gl/TQQo1YnFjs3U7xB57
#215617 09/14/2006 6:18 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 482
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 482
Oh yes, the Truck Shop in Orange isn't bad at all. Classic Industries in Huntington Beach, a few miles from my house blows. They think they're all that and a bag of chips. Huge place with huge prices. When I pointed out that their prices were higher than everyone else (Classic that is) they gave me a small discount that day. When I went back I had to fight for it. He wrote in his database "customer likes to argue". I do not!!!
Well, I do like to ask for a better price when there are a bizillion other suppliers of the same old body, trim, accessory parts. Anyways, I now go way out of my way to The Truck Shop in Orange which is perhaps 15 miles from home where they are nicer and faster and cheaper. None of the kids who fetch the parts know anything about cars or trucks. They're just kids working the counter and taking your money. If it's knowledge and information you want, hook up with the folks at Stovebolts. They know a bunch. Plus, they're funny and its free!!!!

#215618 09/14/2006 11:45 AM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 262
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 262
I had a couple bad experiences with Truck Shop. Catalog said they had center caps to fit Chevy ralley wheels. Called them, asked specificaly if those caps were for stock ralley wheels. Was assured they were. Got them and they weren't even close. Didn't hardly even look like the picture. They said send them back and they would refund my credit card and reimburse me for shipping. Got the credit on my card, but never got paid back for the shipping. When I asked about it, all I got was double talk. That was the last straw. Went to Chevy Duty (can't remember new name) and have never looked back.


My truck: She may not be the prettiest girl at the dance, but she's all mine!
#215619 09/15/2006 6:43 AM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 122
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 122
Pablos49,

I have heard that the Truck Shop's shipping service can leave a bad taste in your mouth if you have to return something. But, I never have used it becasue they are so close to me. I have used Classic Industries for a few things the Truck Shop didn't have (like decals). The counter guys at Classic Industries did have a sort of "caustic" sense of humor now that I think about it. :p

The best part is, my restoration parts ordering is mostly behind me and so now when I need a “replacement” part (I already have had to replace a few small “reproduction” items) I think I will enjoy the whole thing (attitude of counter guys or gals notwithstanding) as I sort of miss having to go on my parts runs! grin


Jim Karras
Orange, CA
'59 Chevy Apache 32 Stepside Pickup
E-mail: [email protected]
Internet: www.59apache.com
#215620 09/15/2006 2:00 PM
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
i am relieved to hear the positive comments about the truck shop. i just ordered about ten parts from them. only one was back ordered. prices seemed good. i did have to be put on hold numerous times while the girl taking the order answered the phone. it was a little annoying but ok. have received the order yet will try and remember to post an update. Ron


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
#215621 09/16/2006 1:22 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 49
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 49
im hoping they are at the autofair tomorrow.i need some stuff.


64 c10
89 rs
62 econoline
50 ford coupe
#215622 09/16/2006 4:06 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 482
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 482
I'm really bummed to hear about Pablo's bad experience from the Truck Shop. If you saw their operation, its not very sophisticated. Just a funky warehouse with a bunch of kids filling orders. The good news about buying body restoration parts for these trucks is the abundance of retailers out there. I look for price and user friendliness. When it comes to "expertise", don't think that a boy or a girl 19 years old knows all about a truck from the 50's. They barely know how to put their socks on in the morning. This site is good for us because it puts retailers on notice that we aren't as dumm as we look.

#215623 09/20/2006 3:50 AM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 28
5
Junior Member
Junior Member
5 Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 28
I can echo what most have said about service. Had to return one item. Havn't got my credit yet,but it's only been 2 weeks. Worse thing for me is, they won't tell you it's out of stock unless you ask. Then you won't know till you get your order. So if your in a hurry for something, check stock before you order. Jack

#215624 09/22/2006 12:48 AM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,031
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,031
yes i have
i have not had any issues w/ these guys except that the order must be $25.00 minimum
if my memory works today !!


Jim & Caroline
The highway is for gamblers, better use your good sense."
Gooday-that's my 1¢ answer due to the lousy economy ~ cause I ain't got - no . mo . doe

Every Shaver | Now Can Snore | Six More Minutes | Than Before ... | Half A Pound for Half a Dollar | Spread On Thin | Above the Collar || BURMA-SHAVE
#215625 09/22/2006 1:04 AM
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 6
Z
Junior Member
Junior Member
Z Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 6
I've ordered from them for my 67 K10. I recieved my order and one of the parts was missing even though the paper work said it was shipped. They straightened with no questions asked. I would order from them again . Chris

#215626 09/22/2006 1:06 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1
does anyone have a 66-70 two peace chevy or gmc drive shaft 1/2 ton 2 wheel drive?

#215627 09/22/2006 2:42 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 49
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 49
i bought several things from at the autofair.unfortunely they gave me door handles for a 67 and a turn signal lever for a 61.


64 c10
89 rs
62 econoline
50 ford coupe
#215628 09/22/2006 5:37 AM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
Car and truck shop stood behind a return I had and gave me money back when it turned out the part was made incorrectly, and that was like 2 years after I had bought the part. It took a while to resolve, but they ended up ruling in my favor. That is a great endorsement.

#215629 09/22/2006 11:45 AM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 453
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 453
I ordered sheet metal from them last week and received it yesterday by UPS. Everything was there and in order, (no scratches, dents, bends). I live in Pennsylvania and the items came from California. Long ride for items I would consider worth their weight in gold. I would recommend using them again.

~Ron


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0