The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (rfs56trk, Danielbolt, FAST55), 77 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,094
Posts1,056,487
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 117
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 117
I joined the site a few months back...I was just about to get my new truck, then it fell through. Well, I got the call tonight that I can go pick up my first bolt this weekend! It's a '57 3100 series, step side, little window. it is all factory original and has a 283 in it. The grille, tranny, and some chrome are missing, but I get a box full of other parts to go with it...
I have read about half of the tech articles here on the site, and I must say that it is an impressive amount of data!! I am very happy and thankful to have found this site to help me restore this 'ol iron! I look forward to meeting some fellow Washingtonians in the future as well!
Dan smile


my truck gets better every day...every PAYDAY smile
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 709
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 709
Welcome aboard and have fun with the 57


Bruce
Old Toy: Ol' Betsy stock 59 Apache SB Stepside (Gone but not Forgotten)
New Toy: 1962 Impala SS Coupe
The Driver: 1990 Toyota truck
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
So, I guess that mud finally dried out grin

We look forward to meeting you on your trip to Baja this month cool

Congratulations on getting your truck wink


Sabrina
'54 3100

Now cruising in the Passing Lane

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 507
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 507
Dan, welcome to the greatest information site on the web. Have fun with the 57.


"If it ain't Steel it ain't Real"
"Earth the insane aslyum for the rest of the Universe"
41 1/2-ton, a work in progress
68 Shortbed stepside 327/325hp/700R4
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,867
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,867
Its about time, you signed up about the same time I did! Sorry to hear about the other deal falling through.

If I remember right you said it was pretty rusty though so maybe this is a better truck anyways!

Congrats! Next time your in Kingston give me a holler, were about 10 minutes off the edmonds boat.

Jeff


My 1953 Chevrolet
1947.1 Gallery
1972 C-10 1/2 Ton & 1972 C-30 1 Ton
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 117
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 117
Hey rusted, It IS the same truck. I was supposed to give the owner my 327 out of the 69 Camaro, then get the truck at the same time. I am building up a 406 for the Camaro and we had a major problem with one of the heads...Anyway, it will require alot of work, but I'm up for it! I get over to Silverdale, Bremerton, and Central Valley Hiway every few months or so. Send me your # through a private message and we can meet up sometime! I'm sure I will be busy making a list of all the things the truck will need just to get it on the road. I DID learn from the Camaro to not keep all the receipts in the same place! (To avoid spousal enlightenment) wink
Dano


my truck gets better every day...every PAYDAY smile
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,444
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,444
Sweet... what kind of tranny is it missing?


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 117
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 117
Quote
Originally posted by Rusty Rod:
Sweet... what kind of tranny is it missing?
You know...I have no clue. Everything else on the truck is factory, so whatever it came from GM with... I have a TH350 I could rebuild for it (if they even fit) I have ALOT to learn about bolts... The disc brake upgrade is a must in my book, and a stout 350 SBC backed by a TH350 and some kind of beefed up rear with 3.42 gears or so is my train of thought (at this point) I have always loved the older trucks, and now that I'm getting one, I sorta have builders cramp. lol I have time to figure it all out. Here's some pics of my first love... http://home.earthlink.net/~mrdanb I am upgrading the site, so excuse the mess...
Dan


my truck gets better every day...every PAYDAY smile
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
What has it been? Six months?

Does it look anything like this?
[img]http://www.oldsub.com/images/2006/02/MrDanB/truckfront_sm.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.oldsub.com/images/2006/02/MrDanB/truckside_sm.jpg[/img]


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
Dan,
I love those 57's I really like that "starwars" like Grill that they sport.

Good luck.

Cliff59


Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 23
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 23
Hey Dan,

Congrats on finally getting the 'bolt. I hope you get your Camaro and truck together faster than I am getting to both of mine!!

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 117
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 117
Steve, Thanks for posting those! I had lost the originals!! it is a bit rough, but i can do it!!
Just a wheelbarrow full of 20 dollar bills and lots of help from friends. lol
BrettC, I recognize oyur name from the Camaro website,. In fact, I think I bought some bushings from you several years ago on E-pay. The Camaro is pretty much done. I'm just upgrading the engine to more HP/TQ... I'll post better pics once i get it home and cleaned up a little bit...
Dano smile


my truck gets better every day...every PAYDAY smile

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0