Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,094 Posts1,056,483 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 117 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 117 | I joined the site a few months back...I was just about to get my new truck, then it fell through. Well, I got the call tonight that I can go pick up my first bolt this weekend! It's a '57 3100 series, step side, little window. it is all factory original and has a 283 in it. The grille, tranny, and some chrome are missing, but I get a box full of other parts to go with it... I have read about half of the tech articles here on the site, and I must say that it is an impressive amount of data!! I am very happy and thankful to have found this site to help me restore this 'ol iron! I look forward to meeting some fellow Washingtonians in the future as well! Dan 
my truck gets better every day...every PAYDAY | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 709 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2001 Posts: 709 | Welcome aboard and have fun with the 57
Bruce Old Toy: Ol' Betsy stock 59 Apache SB Stepside (Gone but not Forgotten) New Toy: 1962 Impala SS Coupe The Driver: 1990 Toyota truck
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 323 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2005 Posts: 323 | So, I guess that mud finally dried out We look forward to meeting you on your trip to Baja this month Congratulations on getting your truck  | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 507 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 507 | Dan, welcome to the greatest information site on the web. Have fun with the 57.
"If it ain't Steel it ain't Real" "Earth the insane aslyum for the rest of the Universe" 41 1/2-ton, a work in progress 68 Shortbed stepside 327/325hp/700R4
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 1,867 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 1,867 | Its about time, you signed up about the same time I did! Sorry to hear about the other deal falling through.
If I remember right you said it was pretty rusty though so maybe this is a better truck anyways!
Congrats! Next time your in Kingston give me a holler, were about 10 minutes off the edmonds boat.
Jeff | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 117 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 117 | Hey rusted, It IS the same truck. I was supposed to give the owner my 327 out of the 69 Camaro, then get the truck at the same time. I am building up a 406 for the Camaro and we had a major problem with one of the heads...Anyway, it will require alot of work, but I'm up for it! I get over to Silverdale, Bremerton, and Central Valley Hiway every few months or so. Send me your # through a private message and we can meet up sometime! I'm sure I will be busy making a list of all the things the truck will need just to get it on the road. I DID learn from the Camaro to not keep all the receipts in the same place! (To avoid spousal enlightenment) Dano
my truck gets better every day...every PAYDAY | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,444 Moderator - The Electrical Bay | | Moderator - The Electrical Bay Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,444 | Sweet... what kind of tranny is it missing?
Another quality post. Real Trucks Rattle HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 117 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 117 | Originally posted by Rusty Rod: Sweet... what kind of tranny is it missing? You know...I have no clue. Everything else on the truck is factory, so whatever it came from GM with... I have a TH350 I could rebuild for it (if they even fit) I have ALOT to learn about bolts... The disc brake upgrade is a must in my book, and a stout 350 SBC backed by a TH350 and some kind of beefed up rear with 3.42 gears or so is my train of thought (at this point) I have always loved the older trucks, and now that I'm getting one, I sorta have builders cramp. lol I have time to figure it all out. Here's some pics of my first love... http://home.earthlink.net/~mrdanb I am upgrading the site, so excuse the mess... Dan
my truck gets better every day...every PAYDAY | | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 |
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 688 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 688 | Dan, I love those 57's I really like that "starwars" like Grill that they sport.
Good luck.
Cliff59 | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 23 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 23 | Hey Dan,
Congrats on finally getting the 'bolt. I hope you get your Camaro and truck together faster than I am getting to both of mine!! | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 117 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 117 | Steve, Thanks for posting those! I had lost the originals!! it is a bit rough, but i can do it!! Just a wheelbarrow full of 20 dollar bills and lots of help from friends. lol BrettC, I recognize oyur name from the Camaro website,. In fact, I think I bought some bushings from you several years ago on E-pay. The Camaro is pretty much done. I'm just upgrading the engine to more HP/TQ... I'll post better pics once i get it home and cleaned up a little bit... Dano 
my truck gets better every day...every PAYDAY | | |
| |