The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (MickeyP, Oswald, Barry Martak, Jon G, moparguy), 98 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,381
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#208110 05/18/2006 11:35 AM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 4
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 4
This board has been such a great resource over the past couple of weeks. I am a proud owner of a 1950 GMC 1/2ton pickup. It's no where close to being finished; but, it's still my daily driver.
[img]http://myspace-510.vo.llnwd.net/00738/01/56/738476510_m.jpg[/img] [img]http://myspace-622.vo.llnwd.net/00738/22/65/738475622_m.jpg[/img] [img]http://myspace-272.vo.llnwd.net/00738/27/24/738474272_m.jpg[/img]

#208111 05/18/2006 12:18 PM
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 310
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 310
Quote
I am a proud owner of a 1950 GMC 1/2ton pickup
And right you are, that's a neat machine. Welcome @ the Bolt, Dave. Now take those pictures and add a few lines about your truck, sent it in to Peggy here and you have your own Bolt Page in the Gallery in no time. Snoop around, you'll like it here.

Richard

#208112 05/18/2006 1:34 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
Very Nice truck, Welcome to the Bolt. I've only been here a year and wouldn't let the day go by without checking things out. Lots of knowledge here ready to help.

#208113 05/18/2006 4:42 PM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 738
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 738
That is a really nice truck you have there! Welcome to the site, enjoy!

Kyle


"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton

My Machine
#208114 05/18/2006 9:23 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 4
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 4
Thanks for the welcoming! I'll see what I can do about getting a gallary going. Forums like this make technology that much better.
Thanks again,
Dave

#208115 05/18/2006 9:37 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 627
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 627
Dave - That is indeed a beauty! Congratulations and welcome to this fantastic site.

I noticed you have post-1950 doors but that is a good thing to have the wing vents. I can't tell from the small pictures but it looks like the front fenders may be post-1950 also. Are you running a GMC 6 under the hood? Mine is only a 228 but it is awesome.


Mike Barnes
1950 GMC 1-ton pickup
#208116 05/18/2006 9:51 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 4
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 4
50GMC253,
I'd like to tell you that I can ID the different period fenders and such; but, I cant. Are there any articles on identifying the different lines on my truck to a particular period? I strayed from tradition on this truck. I am runnung a 350/350 combo under the hood.
Dave

#208117 05/18/2006 10:41 PM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 27
4
Junior Member
Junior Member
4 Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 27
Nice truck Dave!!! thought I seen this truck
for sale on ebay not long ago.
This site is great! I have got it bad! If Iam
not a work or working on the truck I am here.
There is a lot of knowledge here!

#208118 05/18/2006 11:05 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 507
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 507
Dave, nice truck welcome to the BOLT. Lots of great info here as well as some great people.

Truck looks done to me. Runs and you drive it right !! Paint it some day.


"If it ain't Steel it ain't Real"
"Earth the insane aslyum for the rest of the Universe"
41 1/2-ton, a work in progress
68 Shortbed stepside 327/325hp/700R4
#208119 05/21/2006 10:06 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 4
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 4
This truck has been on Ebay a few times. Fortunately, my bobber is finished and I will the have time and money to invest in my truck. I'd like to straighten out the body some more. The body has been roughed in and what body work has been was done at a low quality so I'll have to redo a couple of spots.

#208120 06/05/2006 7:38 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,084
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,084
Dave,

I've gone ahead and started your Gallery page (pulled the info and pix off here). When you get a chance, you can add more information for the page ... and send bigger images and I'll swap these out.

Peggy


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
#208121 06/07/2006 3:58 PM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
nice truck.


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0