| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
3 members (TUTS 59, ShopRag, 1 invisible),
106
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,362 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 310 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 310 | I am a proud owner of a 1950 GMC 1/2ton pickup And right you are, that's a neat machine. Welcome @ the Bolt, Dave. Now take those pictures and add a few lines about your truck, sent it in to Peggy here and you have your own Bolt Page in the Gallery in no time. Snoop around, you'll like it here. Richard | | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,756 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,756 | Very Nice truck, Welcome to the Bolt. I've only been here a year and wouldn't let the day go by without checking things out. Lots of knowledge here ready to help. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 738 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 738 | That is a really nice truck you have there! Welcome to the site, enjoy!
Kyle
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton My Machine | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 4 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: May 2006 Posts: 4 | Thanks for the welcoming! I'll see what I can do about getting a gallary going. Forums like this make technology that much better. Thanks again, Dave | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 627 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 627 | Dave - That is indeed a beauty! Congratulations and welcome to this fantastic site.
I noticed you have post-1950 doors but that is a good thing to have the wing vents. I can't tell from the small pictures but it looks like the front fenders may be post-1950 also. Are you running a GMC 6 under the hood? Mine is only a 228 but it is awesome.
Mike Barnes 1950 GMC 1-ton pickup
| | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 4 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: May 2006 Posts: 4 | 50GMC253, I'd like to tell you that I can ID the different period fenders and such; but, I cant. Are there any articles on identifying the different lines on my truck to a particular period? I strayed from tradition on this truck. I am runnung a 350/350 combo under the hood. Dave | | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 27 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 27 | Nice truck Dave!!! thought I seen this truck for sale on ebay not long ago. This site is great! I have got it bad! If Iam not a work or working on the truck I am here. There is a lot of knowledge here! | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 507 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 507 | Dave, nice truck welcome to the BOLT. Lots of great info here as well as some great people.
Truck looks done to me. Runs and you drive it right !! Paint it some day.
"If it ain't Steel it ain't Real" "Earth the insane aslyum for the rest of the Universe" 41 1/2-ton, a work in progress 68 Shortbed stepside 327/325hp/700R4
| | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 4 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: May 2006 Posts: 4 | This truck has been on Ebay a few times. Fortunately, my bobber is finished and I will the have time and money to invest in my truck. I'd like to straighten out the body some more. The body has been roughed in and what body work has been was done at a low quality so I'll have to redo a couple of spots. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,083 Authorized Pest | | Authorized Pest Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,083 | Dave,
I've gone ahead and started your Gallery page (pulled the info and pix off here). When you get a chance, you can add more information for the page ... and send bigger images and I'll swap these out.
Peggy
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804"Charlie" - The Stovebolt FlagshipIn the Gallery"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,442 Moderator - The Electrical Bay | | Moderator - The Electrical Bay Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,442 |
Another quality post. Real Trucks Rattle HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
| | |
| |
| |