The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Shade Baby, Gray_Ghost, Otto Skorzeny, Hanks custodian), 113 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,402
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#206716 04/26/2006 8:03 PM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 92
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 92
Aftermarket hubcaps do they make them for 3/4 ton?? GMC I need a set 1947 1954
Thanks
Maxx


52 GMC Grumman Olson Kurb Side stepvan T3-8(Comet)69 GMC 1/2-ton
#206717 04/26/2006 9:01 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 627
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 627
Thank God my truck had them when I bought it. They are not perfect but cleaned up nicely.

I suggest you call Jim Carter before looking elsewhere.

I've seen repros are available for Chevy but not GMC. I don't recall the supplier but I believe it was either chevy duty or bowtie bits.

I've seen some pop up at Jim Carter's on occasion in the garage sale section of the site oldchevytrucks.com

I've also seen some on occasion at Rob English's site oldgmctrucks.com, but he will take every penny you have.

And I've seen some pop up here and on ebay.

Good luck.


Mike Barnes
1950 GMC 1-ton pickup
#206718 04/27/2006 1:29 AM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 439
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 439
Does anyone have the diameter of 3/4 ton hubcaps? I have a set, but don't know if they are 1 ton or 3/4 (if it even makes a difference). They came with my half ton.
Thanks
Colin

#206719 04/27/2006 8:11 AM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 92
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 92
Colin I think the two are the same.
What is the price email me thanks
Maxx


52 GMC Grumman Olson Kurb Side stepvan T3-8(Comet)69 GMC 1/2-ton
#206720 04/27/2006 10:09 AM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
The hubcap sizes are not the same as the ones for the 3/4 and 1 Ton are larger than the 1/2 Ton.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
#206721 04/27/2006 1:40 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 627
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 627
1 ton GMC had 17" rims when delivered from the factory. If your 3/4 ton has factory 17" rims the necessary hubcaps are identical to factory 1 ton GMC rims.


Mike Barnes
1950 GMC 1-ton pickup
#206722 04/28/2006 1:23 AM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
chevy/gmc truck parts vendors list:

http://woogeroo.home.mindspring.com/autolinks/trucks/ctgparts.html

There are a few vendors on that list that are in Canada.

-W

#206723 04/30/2006 10:33 AM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 92
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 92
So we are saying 1 ton and 3/4 ton are not the same?

I reposted This??
What is the diameter of 3/4 ton hubcaps?? My rims
are 17" 8 lug and the rear hub sticks out 3.5"
Is this going to work with 3/4 caps?
Thanks
Maxx


52 GMC Grumman Olson Kurb Side stepvan T3-8(Comet)69 GMC 1/2-ton

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0