Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,613 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 33 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 33 | anyone found a source besides coker tire for widewhite wall radial tires? | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 375 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 375 | Yes; I like www.widewhitewalltires.com I buy all my classic tires there. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 49 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 49 | there has been a discussion on the H.A.M.B. regarding taking stock "narrow" white walls and sanding off the black surrounding them to widen the white. basically, you just take a d/a sander to them an remove A 1/16' of black rubber from the outside of the sidewall. Take your time, and practice on a junk tire 1st. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 688 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 688 | Hey Jerry, How many have you bought there? Is shipping kind of high?
Cliff59 | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 1,820 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 1,820 | I bought some Diamond Back Classic Radials and have been very pleased with them. They look more like the older style high profile tire while still offering the modern day radial construction. And, their sidewalls are bright white and they stay white. Prior to the Diamond Back Classic Radials, I had a set of Cokers on my truck. The profile of the tire was much lower than the Diamond Back Classic Radials. As hard as I tried, I never could get them to stay bright white. :confused: I like wide whitewall tires, not wide beigewall tires. Joe 
"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!" My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.Operators are standing by to take your calls! Now cruising in the Passing Lane | | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 1,682 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 1,682 | I love the way wide whites look on pre 47 Chevy trucks.. but the 'beigewall' syndrome is what keeps me from pulling the trigger on a set.
The most recent copy of Hemmings Classic Car I picked up has an ad for an outfit called Lucas Automotive that claims they have 'the best vintage tire deals since 1957'. 1-800-735-0166 and wide white radials appears to be their thing. It's a full page ad, but no website address.. but they say you can call and request a free catalog or quote.
They also appear to sell trade-in's & warehouse clearouts.. and they sell Goodyear Radial wide whites, which they claim are the only wide white made in the U.S.A.
an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 29 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 29 |
fifty-one half-ton
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 147 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2005 Posts: 147 | Originally posted by wynns55: anyone found a source besides coker tire for widewhite wall radial tires? I would avoid Coker, my buddy has had nothing but problems from them. They do not stand by there product very well. At least in his case, he only had around 1k miles on a set and 2 of them developed huge ply seperations. They would not do anything for him..... Again this is just one case... -RT1 ** | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,953 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,953 | Hope the Lucas brand is not from the same British electrical company! | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,029 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,029 | And the reason Brits drink warm beer! | | | | | Joined: Jun 2002 Posts: 179 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2002 Posts: 179 | I have Coker 4" Wide Whitewalls....bias ply.
To keep the whitewalls clean, I scrub them with a damp S.O.S. pad then rinse with water.
They are as white as the day I got them...never been a beigewall!
Greg
When I go cruisin' in the old truck....women smile, men weep and dogs beg for rides.
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 33 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 33 | Thanks for all your input. I just installed CCP 6 lug disc conversion on my wifes 50 chevy and the stock wheels would not fit. (which I knew,didn't tell her)haha. So we had to order full moon chrome wheels from our local Les Schwab tire and he happened to have ordered a set of Coker tires that were never picked up and had been stored for two years. He discounted tires to me just to releive his inventory,probably won't ride as nice as radial tires but a heck of a lot cheaper! | | |
| |