| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
151
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,141 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,756 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,756 | Does anyone have a idea how many 1945 1/2 ton pickups were built. I have a chance to buy one but don't know if they were limited production or not | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | production got restarted in early 44, but there wasn't many produced in 44/45 - they were really the same as 42's - have never seen seperate production figures for 44/5 - they were considered "interim 46" models and many were titled as 46's - also would be "limited" because there was a strike at GM in late 45
considering all that, yes 45's could be called "limited production", but that doesn't really mean much unless it's 110% original and the vin tag confirms it and you're a museum!
book I have sez serial #s started at BK2127 up [1/2T pu], CK1001 up [1/2T pu and other models]
Bill | | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 1,682 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 1,682 | Check THIS out for \'41 thru \'46 production numbers Looks like in '45 they made 6202 1/2 ton pickups. Very low production numbers.. but since the '41 '42 and '46 trucks are identical, I wouldn't count on that low production number effecting the price all that much, except to perhaps a small handfull of serious collectors or anal retentive types.
an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,756 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,756 | Thanks guys, I really didn't mean it for collector value. The one I am looking at has a 400ci in it and other mods. I was just curious if there were many others out there. see the 41's and 46's but no one says they have a 45. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 | Originally posted by GAZIM: see the 41's and 46's but no one says they have a 45. Mine's a '45  | | | | | Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 73 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 73 | Hey John, How ya doing on that t-5 trans swap. From the pictures it looked like you were almost complete.
Rick | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 | I've been waiting on new rear motor mounts. They were deteriorated and made the trans sag at the rear and had an effect on the crossmember. I ordered the wrong ones and had to reorder them :mad: . I'm just about got everything buttoned up now. I hope it works out! :rolleyes: I got a bunch of pictures that I'm going to repost on my album. :p | | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,756 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,756 | thanks im4racin. betcha It is colder in N.dak than Mich. My family came from Medina and cleveland n.d. Grand parents buried there. | | |
| |
| |