The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 191 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#202783 03/04/2006 12:08 AM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
Does anyone have a idea how many 1945 1/2 ton pickups were built. I have a chance to buy one but don't know if they were limited production or not

#202784 03/04/2006 12:32 AM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
production got restarted in early 44, but there wasn't many produced in 44/45 - they were really the same as 42's - have never seen seperate production figures for 44/5 - they were considered "interim 46" models and many were titled as 46's - also would be "limited" because there was a strike at GM in late 45

considering all that, yes 45's could be called "limited production", but that doesn't really mean much unless it's 110% original and the vin tag confirms it and you're a museum!

book I have sez serial #s started at BK2127 up [1/2T pu], CK1001 up [1/2T pu and other models]

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
#202785 03/04/2006 12:46 AM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
F
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
Check THIS out for \'41 thru \'46 production numbers

Looks like in '45 they made 6202 1/2 ton pickups.

Very low production numbers.. but since the '41 '42 and '46 trucks are identical, I wouldn't count on that low production number effecting the price all that much, except to perhaps a small handfull of serious collectors or anal retentive types.


an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.
#202786 03/04/2006 10:24 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
Thanks guys, I really didn't mean it for collector value. The one I am looking at has a 400ci in it and other mods. I was just curious if there were many others out there. see the 41's and 46's but no one says they have a 45.

#202787 03/05/2006 1:38 AM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 553
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 553
Quote
Originally posted by GAZIM:
see the 41's and 46's but no one says they have a 45.
Mine's a '45 grin

#202788 03/05/2006 3:29 AM
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 73
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 73
Hey John, How ya doing on that t-5 trans swap. From the pictures it looked like you were almost complete.

Rick

#202789 03/05/2006 5:18 AM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 553
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 553
I've been waiting on new rear motor mounts. They were deteriorated and made the trans sag at the rear and had an effect on the crossmember. I ordered the wrong ones and had to reorder them :mad: . I'm just about got everything buttoned up now. I hope it works out! :rolleyes: I got a bunch of pictures that I'm going to repost on my album. :p

#202790 03/06/2006 4:11 AM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 59
I
'Bolter
'Bolter
I Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 59
try this page about 1/2 way down

http://home.znet.com/c1937/Prod.htm

rh

#202791 03/06/2006 2:30 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
thanks im4racin. betcha It is colder in N.dak than Mich. My family came from Medina and
cleveland n.d. Grand parents buried there.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0