| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,094 Posts1,056,465 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 7 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 7 | yesterday i took my tires off the rims and realized they still had tubes. i wanted to sandblast the rims and paint them and use them with new tires. because these had tubes does that mean i will have to use them with the next tires i put on them? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2005 Posts: 355 Member | | Member Joined: Feb 2005 Posts: 355 | I had the original rims from my '54 sandblasted and repainted. I was able to put on brand new radials without tubes. You shouldn't have any trouble at all.
On the other hand, with my '59, the original rims are pretty rusty still - so the new tires I had put on (just to get by while I'm working on it) have tubes inside since the rust on the old rims prevents a good seal from forming. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 1,158 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 1,158 | So long as they've been sandblasted and painted, and they're not warped or anything, you shouldn't need tubes.
You may not be able to get a tire shop to put tires on them, though, if they're split rims. They get nervous when you tell them that.
I only know how to mount tires on split rims with tubes, so that's what I did. | | |
| |
| |