| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,706 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 564 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 564 | Okay, so I've owned this truck since Friday, and I've already managed to shut myself in the back twice when the barn door swung shut with me in it. Surely I'm not the only idiot who has done this--was there ever a provision for a door latch inside the rear door of a Suburban? -Brad SOUTHERN FALL GABfestOctober 6 ~ Commerce, Georgia Details here!Never Pee on an Electric Fence. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 67 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 67 | i must say, i have no knowledge of 'burbs, but that is slightly ammusing:)
red (mostly) 1963 chevy shortbed stepside
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 119 Member | | Member Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 119 | My '91 does not have an inside latch on the barn door. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 8 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 8 | Never locked myself inside (and would never admit it if I did) but the second night after I brought my ’50 P/U home I did not want to have it towed away in the night again (long story involving the California DMV) so I made sure it was secure by locking both doors before closing them (see where this is going?) by pulling down the inside handles and closing the doors. Quite shocked the next morning when my key had no effect towards entry into my new prize. I never knew you should not lock them that way. We had a ’54 Chevy one-ton farm truck for years, but never locked the doors. I ended up pulling the back window (and broke it!) to get in. Lesson learned.
Later... 1950 Chevy 3100 1953 Hudson Hornet
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 738 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 738 | HA! That would get old fast. Might I suggest putting something in the way of the door when you are crawling around back there. You could hang a towel out the door so they could close but not quite all the way. You could tape something in the door jamb to keep it slightly open. Just a few thoughts, I would do something like that. Or take the phone every time you go in so you can call someone to come and save you. Hope you figure that one out.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton My Machine | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 564 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 564 | I just crawled over the front seat and let myself out the front doors. But still...that's going to get old. And less fun each time there's a witness. -Brad SOUTHERN FALL GABfestOctober 6 ~ Commerce, Georgia Details here!Never Pee on an Electric Fence. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | you might consider taking one door off till you get thru tinkering with it,,,just a thought  Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,971 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,971 | Just keep your leg hanging out the door so when it slams closed the door won't latch. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 355 Member | | Member Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 355 | Man I sorry, and dont mean to poke at you.....but thats funny. Maybe you need some kind of bar that locks up the door. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 67 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 67 | a wooden broom handle proped inbetween the door and the rear of the burb ought to help
red (mostly) 1963 chevy shortbed stepside
| | |
| |
| |