The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (wvstovebolt, Red75bronco, dt235sd, 39Master85, Shaffer's1950, 1 invisible), 83 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,697
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 564
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 564
Okay, so I've owned this truck since Friday, and I've already managed to shut myself in the back twice when the barn door swung shut with me in it.
Surely I'm not the only idiot who has done this--was there ever a provision for a door latch inside the rear door of a Suburban?
-Brad


SOUTHERN FALL GABfest
October 6 ~ Commerce, Georgia
Details here!


Never Pee on an Electric Fence.
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 67
6
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
6 Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 67
i must say, i have no knowledge of 'burbs, but that is slightly ammusing:)


red (mostly) 1963 chevy shortbed stepside
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 119
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 119
My '91 does not have an inside latch on the barn door.

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 8
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 8
Never locked myself inside (and would never admit it if I did) but the second night after I brought my ’50 P/U home I did not want to have it towed away in the night again (long story involving the California DMV) so I made sure it was secure by locking both doors before closing them (see where this is going?) by pulling down the inside handles and closing the doors. Quite shocked the next morning when my key had no effect towards entry into my new prize. I never knew you should not lock them that way. We had a ’54 Chevy one-ton farm truck for years, but never locked the doors. I ended up pulling the back window (and broke it!) to get in. Lesson learned.


Later...
1950 Chevy 3100
1953 Hudson Hornet
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 738
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 738
HA! That would get old fast. Might I suggest putting something in the way of the door when you are crawling around back there. You could hang a towel out the door so they could close but not quite all the way. You could tape something in the door jamb to keep it slightly open. Just a few thoughts, I would do something like that. Or take the phone every time you go in so you can call someone to come and save you. Hope you figure that one out.


"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton

My Machine
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 564
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 564
I just crawled over the front seat and let myself out the front doors. But still...that's going to get old. And less fun each time there's a witness.
-Brad


SOUTHERN FALL GABfest
October 6 ~ Commerce, Georgia
Details here!


Never Pee on an Electric Fence.
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
you might consider taking one door off till you get thru tinkering with it,,,just a thought cool


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,971
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,971
Just keep your leg hanging out the door so when it slams closed the door won't latch.

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 355
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 355
Man I sorry, and dont mean to poke at you.....but thats funny. Maybe you need some kind of bar that locks up the door.


Jeff
1947 Chevy 6400 2-ton
In the Gallery
1953 3/4-ton
In the Gallery
It was fun while it lasted
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 67
6
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
6 Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 67
a wooden broom handle proped inbetween the door and the rear of the burb ought to help


red (mostly) 1963 chevy shortbed stepside

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0