The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (klhansen, Peggy M, UtahYork, RLB, 1 invisible), 138 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,133
Posts1,056,395
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 179
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 179
She's definitely rough, but I can see my $ 400 in parts if she can't be revived.

41-46 e-bay truck


Joe McNeel

http://mcneelnet.com/~jmcneel/59.html
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 275
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 275
That truck does'nt look to bad at all. Ive seen vehicles alot worse then that get fixed


38 original
48 panel
59 stepside
46 in the back forty
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 738
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 738
congrats and good luck


"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton

My Machine
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
Joe,
you gotta love the old girl, just beggin for a good home! I can see her rolling down the road some day. You just added to your teasure chest!


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 200
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 200
sweet!

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Trucks follow men home like puppies follow boys home. Great buy.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 355
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 355
That is really cool - Congratulations!


~ Kimberly
My '54 ... and my '63 and a '59 F100
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
F
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
Yea, i'll bet you have $400 worth of parts there, easy.

Looks like it was an old 76 gas station truck.. which is kinda cool, too.

Looks like the hood has been off for quite awhile.. I wonder if people were picking parts off it, or maybe they had engine troubles at one point and then just said the hell with it?


an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
So didja put a $500 deposit on a $400 truck? wink

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 284
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 284
Great truck,mine was in a lot worse shape than that when we dragged it out of the field in a snow storm 5 years ago. enjoy it. it will be fun


The crew that works on the \'42 --Sara, Hannah and Abby
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 179
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 179
Haven't seen it in person yet. I expect the 216 is probably a boat anchor. The way I understood, the bell house crossmember has been cut when some was trying to get the tranny, but they never got it out. No $500 deposit made on the $400 truck. Asked if I could just bring cash when I pick it up Monday and he agreed.


Joe McNeel

http://mcneelnet.com/~jmcneel/59.html
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 70
Z
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
Z Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 70
$400 is a steal take it, its in a lot better shape than my original, but my spare parts shed is in a lot better shape now than what it was.
How many 216 motors do you want?

Zacca


"After you skin yer knuckles, Mr Shifter ain't yer friend any more."

1942 Chevy 3/4 ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Photo Site
1946 Chevy 5 window coupe/ute (new stray)
2000 Nissan Patrol 4x4 4.5l turbo diesel
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 30
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 30
Good score.

Keep the old iron goin'

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 507
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 507
Nice buy. Looks like the windshield frame is still there that alone if it is ok will make up for over half of the price. Grills not to bad, could be repaired. Good luck and let us know how it progresses.


"If it ain't Steel it ain't Real"
"Earth the insane aslyum for the rest of the Universe"
41 1/2-ton, a work in progress
68 Shortbed stepside 327/325hp/700R4
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 144
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 144
My'n was in about the same condition and I'm slowly getting it restored. Just takes a lot of time and patients. If not there's a lot of valuable parts there but you should be able to restore it. Bob T

Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 179
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 179
Got her home tonight. Long trip but kind of nice. Went through a half dozen sleepy little farm towns on the way there. Saw a lot of old trucks rusting away in the fields. It turned in to a bit of an ordeal getting her out of their yard, but we finally got her on the trailer.

[img]http://www.etv.net/users/jmcneel/homeward.jpg[/img]


Joe McNeel

http://mcneelnet.com/~jmcneel/59.html
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
F
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
Looks mighty nice sitting up on the trailer with air in the tires! Had the seller bothered to pull it out and snap pictures on the driveway with the hood on it and air in the tires, i'd guess it would have sold for more!

Did you get any history on the truck?


an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
I really like the styling on those trucks.

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
Looks like a very GOOD DEAL my friend, Take her and run.
can't wait to see her in the gallery.

Cliff59


Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 117
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 117
Nice truck Joe.

Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 179
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 179
Yeah Fumblin' I fully expected to get out-sniped again as it was. Also if it had been more than a three day auction, it may have gone for more. For some reason, it didn't turn up in my regular searches either. On a whim, I went to "parts cars" and sorted them by nearest first. There it was, near the top with less than a day left. I've seen a few of his auctions before and they've always been to high on the opening bid to interest me. I guess patience pays or maybe the truck gods were just pleased with me one day.

The truck spent it's first life in Heber, Utah as a mobile welding truck. It was set up with racks on the left running board for oxy-acetyline bottles and rack for welding leads on the right side. Apparently it was based at a Union 76 station as you can still make out the logo on the doors. The down side is a section of the bedside roll was cut off to accomodate the welding racks. Luckily, last month, I traded some parts for a trailer made from a '39 or '40 bed. I think the sides are the same but I'll have to measure to be sure. It appears to be a '41 going by the one remaining park lamp housing and what the seller told me. I'll have to run the VIN# through the de-coder to be sure.


Joe McNeel

http://mcneelnet.com/~jmcneel/59.html
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 199
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 199
Hey Joe, you already got your moneys worth just getting to pull her down the road!!!!What a steal,shucks,I would just leave her on the trailer and park it in my front yard!!Nice truck.


"The Lord is my shepherd"
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 179
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 179
Boy, you've got me pegged! Got home with it late yesterday and unhooked the loaded trailer right in front of the house. It will probably sit there until Saturday since I need to work extra hours to make up for ditching work Monday to go get it.


Joe McNeel

http://mcneelnet.com/~jmcneel/59.html
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 268
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 268
Looks like you found nice project there. Way to go.

So what did you do with the thing you got from me?

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
F
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
When I first started looking for a '41 thru '46 1/2 ton, I saw a few real hunks of crap sell for $1,000 to $1,200.. no rear axle, no front drums, no motor, no tranny, body in worse shape than your latest aquisition.. don't know if it was shill bidding to drive it up or just two guys decided they wanted it, lived close enough to pick it up, and went nuts.

I've seen alot of good trucks sell cheap on eBay and i've seen alot of crap trucks sell for crazy money.. sometimes there dosen't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

I'd say on average, you got yourself a solid $800 to $1000 parts truck for your fuel and time to get it and your $400 winning bid.

Being a Utah truck, i'd guess you should have little to no rust thru.


an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 179
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 179
Hello, Jolly. Haven't done much with the one I got from you yet other than get some small parts from it and cover up the openings on the engine once I discovered it was loose. I've been pre-ocupied with the '59 lately but I'm hoping to use the engine, transmission and rear end, if they look to be serviceable, on other projects when I get to them. I want to re-build a 250 or 230 for either the '40 or the '41 I just bought so a 350THM will bolt up. I don't think my better half would care to drive a "crash box" and I would like to build a truck for her. I'm thinking I'll be pretty 'antique' myself by the time I get near the end of my 'projects'.


Joe McNeel

http://mcneelnet.com/~jmcneel/59.html
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 305
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 305
hay if you want i will give you your money back for it


ya I know a few rednecks.Thay all drive chevys to,
Proud member of the Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
AND A MARINE
trucks range from 1942 1/2 ton to 1965 fire engine
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 107
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 107
Joe,

I paid $500 for my 46 half ton and it was in worst shape than that. I am still looking for rear fenders both of mine are really bad. Luckily I have time before those are going to be an issue.

Good luck and let me know if you come across an extra set of rear fenders. Great potential
Brian


1946 1/2 ton
I'm not addicted I just don't know when to stop
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 140
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 140
Did you get to see all the other vehicles in his yard


Now boltless but looking
1951 F-1 350/350
1965 Mustang 355 glide
1971 F-100 401 fe it hates me
1972 Maverick 302 c4
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
It sure is a cutie grin

Sure glad it got a new home. I'll bet you can fix 'er up nice.

Sabrina


Sabrina
'54 3100

Now cruising in the Passing Lane

Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 179
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 179
The original owner of this yard has been online quite a while. He still owns a lot of the inventory. He's a little pricey on some stuff and not always up to date on his page. His url:

http://www.rodsandantiqueautos.com/catalog.htm

The new owner has another yard as well. He brings in more of his own inventory plus he is selling the previous owner's inventory for him. He is more flexible on price with his own inventory. His url:

http://www.classicautoprojects.com/catalog.htm

I took some pictures of the yard while I was there.

http://www.etv.net/users/jmcneel/glendale1.jpg
http://www.etv.net/users/jmcneel/glendale2.jpg
http://www.etv.net/users/jmcneel/glendale3.jpg
http://www.etv.net/users/jmcneel/glendale4.jpg
http://www.etv.net/users/jmcneel/glendale5.jpg
http://www.etv.net/users/jmcneel/glendale6.jpg
http://www.etv.net/users/jmcneel/glendale7.jpg

Sorry about the small pictures but e-Bay pictures have my server space near the limit.


Joe McNeel

http://mcneelnet.com/~jmcneel/59.html
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 140
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 140
I wish I could find a pre WW2 pickup in that good of shape for $400


Now boltless but looking
1951 F-1 350/350
1965 Mustang 355 glide
1971 F-100 401 fe it hates me
1972 Maverick 302 c4

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0