| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (Jay R, BC59, JW51, truckernix, wilbur53, mason86, DadsFirstPickup, Otto Skorzeny),
155
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,094 Posts1,056,155 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 4 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 4 | I am doing a frame up on a 55 short bed, big window. What are the pros and cons of relocating the fuel tank? Is there a "best location" or type of tank if I do relocate? | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 70 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 70 | Gary in my opinion out of the cab is the best start and between the frame rails is a safe place, Cant say enough about plastic, doesnt rust and last forever, just look in any land fill, ther are plenty of OEM tanks in junk yards, as to were that can depend on what your using the truck for. You would think with minor bracket mods they would mount up??? Never done it myself though!!!Dale | | | | | Joined: Nov 2003 Posts: 285 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2003 Posts: 285 | Gary, I agree that out of the cab is best, and that is why I moved my tank to behind the axle when I done my restoration on my '56 short bed. I got a universal plastic tank from Yogi's, along with a 0-30 OHM sending unit to match up with the original guage. They had different adaptions for fueling, but I chose to fuel thru-bed and used a lockable fuel door mounted in the bedwood. I'm real happy with the results! | | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 4 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 4 | Brian - Thank you..are any of your truck's pictures posted anywhere? Gary | | | | | Joined: Nov 2003 Posts: 285 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2003 Posts: 285 | Gary, You can click on my profile and see it, or look in the Gallery here on the SBP and look under 1956. There has been a lot of pro's and con's on this subject in the past, but for me, the SAFE thing to do was relocate the tank. | | |
| |
| |