The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Hush, Joe W, Peggy M, Jon G, Gray_Ghost, Guitplayer, 1 invisible), 160 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,179
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4
G
Junior Member
Junior Member
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4
I am doing a frame up on a 55 short bed, big window. What are the pros and cons of relocating the fuel tank? Is there a "best location" or type of tank if I do relocate?

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 70
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 70
Gary in my opinion out of the cab is the best start and between the frame rails is a safe place, Cant say enough about plastic, doesnt rust and last forever, just look in any land fill, ther are plenty of OEM tanks in junk yards, as to were that can depend on what your using the truck for. You would think with minor bracket mods they would mount up??? Never done it myself though!!!Dale

Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 285
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 285
Gary, I agree that out of the cab is best, and that is why I moved my tank to behind the axle when I done my restoration on my '56 short bed. I got a universal plastic tank from Yogi's, along with a 0-30 OHM sending unit to match up with the original guage. They had different adaptions for fueling, but I chose to fuel thru-bed and used a lockable fuel door mounted in the bedwood. I'm real happy with the results!

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4
G
Junior Member
Junior Member
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4
Brian - Thank you..are any of your truck's pictures posted anywhere? Gary

Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 285
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 285
Gary,
You can click on my profile and see it, or look in the Gallery here on the SBP and look under 1956. There has been a lot of pro's and con's on this subject in the past, but for me, the SAFE thing to do was relocate the tank.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0