The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Otto Skorzeny, rfs56trk, Bill Hanlon, 1 invisible), 81 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,119
Posts1,056,313
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#189354 09/13/2005 3:25 AM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 476
B
Moderator
Moderator
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 476
A couple weeks ago a guy at work offered me a free truck. He described it as a '70 C10. Kind of a rustbucket but ran good until the water pump died a couple years ago. Been sitting in the barn since.

So I went out there with the trailer and picked it up. It's now sitting out at Scott's (48bigtrucks). It was pretty much as advertised but we got it to run enough on labor day morning to decide it's got a good 350. I'm excited, I need one for the '47 panel! Scott has a few things he wants off it too. So we'll get together as soon as we can and tear into it, keep what we want and maybe a few other things too good to throw away, then haul the rest off to the boneyard.

So tonight I walked down the street and met the guy with the nice looking '71 C10. I was checking to see if he wanted any of it, and he ended up telling me about another free '70 that he passed up because he had no place to park it. Hmmmmm...

Said he'd get me a phone number on it...


Don't lose your head to save a minute,
You need your head, your brains are in it.
Burma-Shave (1947)
#189355 09/13/2005 3:56 AM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 355
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 355
Too cool - Have fun!


~ Kimberly
My '54 ... and my '63 and a '59 F100
#189356 09/13/2005 2:41 PM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
Man! I gotta get a garage!

grin

-W

#189357 09/13/2005 4:39 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,805
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,805
I got a freebie 77 GMC half ton last week. I drove it 80 miles to my farm after nothing but a battery change, and changing one oil-fouled spark plug. It's got a 350 engine, 350 trans, power & air, etc. LOTS of rust, but that just makes for light weight. I'll use it around the farm until I need a round track race engine, then pull the 350 and build it.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
#189358 09/13/2005 10:39 PM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
F
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
You just can't beat free parts, man!


an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0