The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Millenimech, papas52), 145 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,266
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 48
L
Junior Member
Junior Member
L Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 48
I need a shop manual for my '64 C10 but I notice from 'Chevy Duty' that I would need a 1963 full manual plus a '64 supplement - total cost $50!

For basic nuts & bolts stuff (suspension, brakes etc) can anyone tell me if I REALLY need both, or which one would be sufficient (presumably the '63 has most of the basics covered)

Are there any cheaper sources for these books?
Thanks, Simon

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
The 63 is the bigger manual, the supplement covers changes for 64. I would go w/the 63 manual first. I got mine from eBay, originals cheaper than the repros. Brian


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
The '63 manual will cover most repairs that you may need to do, since most changes in '64 were in the styling of the cab.

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 48
L
Junior Member
Junior Member
L Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 48
Thanks guys, I'll look out for a '63

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 355
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 355
Simon,
I'd got my first shop manual a few weeks ago. I wish I'd done it years sooner. I had no idea how much good info is in there. Since I have a '63 myself, I found a seller, Faxon Auto Literature (Price for the '63 reproduction was $39.00 US).

They write "World's largest selection of factory automotive manuals & literature. Call us toll free at (800)458-2734 for even more books from our 14,000 sqft. warehouse. Find the best manuals & literature for your vehicle."

Here's the link to their eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/Faxon-Auto-Literature_W0QQssPageNameZviQ3asibQ3astoreviewQQtZkm

Good luck!


~ Kimberly
My '54 ... and my '63 and a '59 F100
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 355
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 355
Found a cheaper source for the shop manual:

The Truck Shop (located in Orange, CA) has reprints available.

63 Shop Manual Part No. 63-17804 Price: $29.00
64 Supplement Part No. 64-17805 Price: $12.00

www.truckandcarshop.com
Toll Free: 1-800-243-8947
Toll Phone: 714-771-7871
Fax: 1-714-771-0407


~ Kimberly
My '54 ... and my '63 and a '59 F100

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0