| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,417 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 641 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 641 | well i got everything together to redo the front brakes 49 chevy but the adjuster studs are froze in the pot metal cups iv sandblasted everything clean and soaked them in kroil i put a pipe wrench on and tryed turning them dont want to brake them is there any hope for getting them to loosen up help i was going to heat them up next | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 18 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 18 | If these are the same adjusters as I have on my 50 1/2 ton, you'll have to use heat to free them initially. I used an oxy/aceyt. torch. It won't take much heat. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 Socket Breaker | | Socket Breaker Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 | If all else fails, you can buy new ones, I think.... yeah cuz my dad got new ones for his '53 chevy .
good luck getting yers freed up, I had a stuck one on my '65 that I had to put in the vice with some liquid wrench, etc.. Finally got it to break loose.
-W | | |
| |
| |